Windows 10: Share desktop sound through stereo mix

Discus and support Share desktop sound through stereo mix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having issues with setting up stereo mix through Discord. I'm trying to screen share movies with a friend, without having my mic activated,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewXtt, Mar 19, 2019.

1. AndrewXtt Win User

Share desktop sound through stereo mix

Hi, I'm having issues with setting up stereo mix through Discord. I'm trying to screen share movies with a friend, without having my mic activated, I've got the screen sharing part working, but there's no audio going through. When I used to use Skype everything was working fine, though it has been awhile since I last did any screen sharing.

Today I tried the new version of Skype and can no longer screen share which means I cannot test it on there anymore, not to mention when within the recording tab the stereo mix volume bar does not move.

I've tried so many different things but I still cannot get it working, everything is up to date, none of my sounds are muted either, as I already stated this was working in the past before I had Windows 10.

If you need anymore screenshots please let me know, Thank you.

Share desktop sound through stereo mix 2a9d34a8-c60b-4301-ac12-518262077db0?upload=true.png Share desktop sound through stereo mix b9d54c53-e907-48ed-b99b-fc7880f0946d?upload=true.png

:)

AndrewXtt, Mar 19, 2019

2. Stereo Mix

How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix.

Any suggestions please?

JohnCooling1, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Share desktop sound through stereo mix

Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Thanks for the response Anju.

I followed your instructions to the letter. Method 1: No Stereo Mix even with the show disabled and disconnected boxes checked.

Method 2: I uninstalled one Microsoft and four NVIDIA High Definition audio devices and rebooted my computer. The re-start took considerably longer than usual to come up to the login. I tried again to see if the Stereo Mix
    was re-instated but it was not there. Maybe I need to do a registry addition, if the audio drivers actually support the Stereo Mix audio source, but I do not know what that could be.

Thanks, again

Nicholas Kydonieus, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Share desktop sound through stereo mix

1. Share desktop sound through stereo mix - Similar Threads - Share desktop sound

2. STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND: Hi I have recently got a new desktop gaming pc, I use 2 pcs to record gameplay via elgato and every pc before this I never had a issue with stereo mix NOT working, I have reinstalled drivers twice and reseat to defaults multiple times and stereo mix will not pick up audio...
  3. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  4. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  5. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stereo mix not recording, no sound pickup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo mix not recording, no sound pickup?: Hello. I got new laptop HP pavilion 15. and Stereo mix not picking up any audio, but microphone array picking up. is there any solution? is there any adventage using stereo mix than micrphone array? (but i still want to working stereo mix :P ) https://imgur.com/a/KWGBzBh...
  7. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  8. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "stereo mix" option in sound settings: I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work. I searched for some solutions and they said to enable stereo mix in the sound settings. However when I went to my settings, I...
  9. No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel: I used to be able to select Stereo Mix under the Recording tab in the Sound control panel but it's no longer there. I checked to be sure all devices, including disabled ones, are displayed, but that wasn't the problem. I also checked to be sure I'm running the latest drivers....
  10. [SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.: The Stereo Mix is activated but it records no sounds. When i press "listen the device" and i choose a exit device i hear nothing. There is also no green bar at the left of the icon when playing media on the computer. All seems ok in the properties "This device works...