Windows 10: Share drive cannot view after update

Discus and support Share drive cannot view after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently update my windows 10, after that, I cannot view the share folder of other computers which are connected under the same workgroup, under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rbl913, Nov 22, 2018.

1. rbl913 Win User

Share drive cannot view after update

I recently update my windows 10, after that, I cannot view the share folder of other computers which are connected under the same workgroup, under the same network.

:)

rbl913, Nov 22, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 22, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Share drive cannot view after update - Similar Threads - Share drive cannot

2. Viewing google drive shared file after edit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing google drive shared file after edit.: OS Windows 11. A creates an xls file. A shares it with B for viewing. A makes some changes and saves the changes. But the changes do not show up when B opens the file. How do you enable the edited changes to be seen immediately to B....
  3. Viewing google drive shared file after edit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing google drive shared file after edit.: OS Windows 11. A creates an xls file. A shares it with B for viewing. A makes some changes and saves the changes. But the changes do not show up when B opens the file. How do you enable the edited changes to be seen immediately to B....
  4. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  5. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  6. Cannot share USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot share USB drive: I have shares set up on my internal C: and D: drives. But now I want to share my G: drive, which is a USB-attached WD Elements drive, 8 TB. I'd expect to use the Share configuration panel for that. But ... I can see the share configuration for the C: drive ... [img] But...
  7. Cannot 'Map Drive' to share on NAS after Windows 10 update

Cannot 'Map Drive' to share on NAS after Windows 10 update: I use 'map drive' on Windows 10 to access various shares on my Synology NAS. On the desktop which uses Windows 10 Pro (the other 2 devices use Home) I have just had to clean install Windows 10 to version 1903. I now find that Windows on the desktop now refuses to let me...
  8. Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop: Hi there, I have had trouble for some time with viewing a company shared drive for file uploading and editing. Our company uses OneDrive and I have complete access to other Microsoft apps and have a business email with Microsoft. I am able to access OneDrive through the...
  9. viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network

viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network: My question is: How do I view the "Properties" of the other drives in my networked computers. Before I used Windows 10, ( all 4 computers were on windows 7) all I had to do was point to the shared drive on another networked computer and right click on it and select...
  10. For anyone unable to view network shares after 1709 update

For anyone unable to view network shares after 1709 update: If you have the above problem on any Windows Pro/Enterprise PC’s in a workgroup enviroment after the latest 1709 update try the following:- Run gpedit.msc Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Network>Lanman Workstation Enable insecure guest logon = enabled The...