Windows 10: share file between computers

Discus and support share file between computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayratcliff, Jan 8, 2019.

1. share file between computers

Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro

:)

jayratcliff, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Guitar Win User

Steam Game Sharing?

Gaming articles on Engadget

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 8, 2019
  4. share file between computers

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

share file between computers

1. share file between computers - Similar Threads - share file between

2. Windows 10 sharing all files between computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sharing all files between computers: Home Groups are no longer part of 10 but I can't find how to share between my two computers? Where & How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sharing-all-files-between-computers/5745e6ba-d837-42c5-9bc3-18a29d7181fd
  3. sharing files between a windows 7 and a windows 10 computer

sharing files between a windows 7 and a windows 10 computer: I have no problem accessing shared files on the windows 7 computer from my windows 10 laptop but the desktop running w7 says I don't have permission to access the laptop, what am I doing wrong?...
  4. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  5. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  6. WIndows 10 file sharing between computers

WIndows 10 file sharing between computers: I can access and open files in computer A that are on Computer B's hard Drives I cannot open files on Computer A from Computer B. One computer is windows 10 home and the other is WIndows 10 Pro. I have set up permissions for "everyone" on both machines and all discovery...
  7. cannot share files between windows 10 computers

cannot share files between windows 10 computers: I have had windows 10 running for a while, and I noticed that file sharing has recently stopped working. For the life of me I can't figure out what is stopping this from working. I have a desktop (windows 10) that has the files, as well as two laptops (windows 7 and...
  8. Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers

Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers: I had 2 Win 7 computers that shared files successfully without using a homegroup and with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed. Then both of these machines were upgraded to Windows 10 and they can no longer share files. I get a message that one machine is denying...
  9. Sharing files between profiles

Sharing files between profiles: After a whole day struggling with a damaged profile, I have no choice but to create a new one and miragate all my files and settings over. At the moment I can't access the folders in my old profile I'm getting an error message that says 'you don't currently have permissions...
  10. problem sharing files between computers on the same network

problem sharing files between computers on the same network: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I have (successfully) connected/shared my old Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop (via an Ethernet cable) so that I can copy files from the old to the new. An odd problem has occurred: When attempting to copy some folders (e.g.,...