Windows 10: share file in network as changeable without delete access

Discus and support share file in network as changeable without delete access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi i can't share excel file in my network that with some condition: 1- users can change my file 2 - users can't delete my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hanif bayat, Mar 19, 2019.

1. share file in network as changeable without delete access

hi

i can't share excel file in my network that with some condition:

1- users can change my file

2 - users can't delete my file

:)

hanif bayat, Mar 19, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Pauli O Win User

share file in network as changeable without delete access

Cannot Access network file share

Here is description how I have set my network to work with Windows v 1803.

There is instructions with screenshots how to change network profile, setup file/folder shares and make PC's to show in File Explorer network section.

Share to Everyone is OK, but access control is made by security settings tab. (See Step 4.3). Security setting:

- Everyone = Anyone on your network have access to your PC shares

- Authenticated Users = Only users who have account on you PC have access

- "Username" = only named user have access

Homegroup removed! How to get network sharing work with Windows 10 v1803.

Pauli O, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

share file in network as changeable without delete access

1. share file in network as changeable without delete access - Similar Threads - share file network

2. Unable to delete files on network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files on network share: Hi All, I've only recently migrated to Win10 and have found a bug that's really...bugging me! I can't seem to delete some files on network shares. This morning I created three files in the same folder. I can delete two of them, but the third one just won't go. It appears to...
  3. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  4. File sharing and network device access problem

File sharing and network device access problem: I have a problem with one of my laptops not being able to access shared folders. The network uses a TPlink Archer C2300 router and I have a desktop PC running Win 7 connected to this by Ethernet. I also have a Lenovo W530 laptop and a Lenovo ThinkBook 15-IML which both...
  5. How to share file access on private network

How to share file access on private network: Have 2 notebooks running Win 10 Pro wirelessly connected to an Xfinety Home F70A-5 gateway router. What settings do I need to configure to allow them to share file access on a private network. 165165
  6. network sharing / access

network sharing / access: [ATTACH] I've clicked and searched folders, explorer, sharing, users, advanced etc. and all I know to look at for hours. I can't access Jason at all, see this message. I can see the third computer and can access the \\users\public folder - on it. His computer name is -2019...
  7. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  8. Files Deleted when copied to Network Share

Files Deleted when copied to Network Share: Hello I have two NAS drives A & B. When I copy a large file (+500MB ish) from my Windows 10 laptop to a share on NAS A everything is fine. When I copy the same file from the same Laptop to a share on NAS B the files is deleted. Both NAS drives run the same OS (Linux) and are...
  9. Cannot access files over Network Sharing

Cannot access files over Network Sharing: After a good deal of bad words about the removal of homegroup and about the "easy" Windows 10 file sharing, squeezing my brain to the last neuron and thanks to the help of the community too ... *** I succeeded in having my 2 PCs on my home network visible one each other on...
  10. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...