Windows 10: Share files across machines

Discus and support Share files across machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Again - if there is a good resource please point me to it - We have three computers, a main one and two laptops. We want store all the data on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulinAZ0813, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Share files across machines

Again - if there is a good resource please point me to it -

We have three computers, a main one and two laptops. We want store all the data on the main one. Without using OneDrive (since it seems to crash too often) - How can I have a laptop access the main computer hard drive? I will (in the process) of having all the users have Microsoft accounts (not sure this makes a difference)

:)

PaulinAZ0813, Dec 1, 2019

2. Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

I still get "You need permission to perform this action" from the Windows 7 machines if I try to write to a Windows 10 share after I made the above changes on the Windows 10 machine.

Jim Grybowski, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Akumos Win User
    File Sharing

Ermmm, where are the files stored? Server or one of the machines you listed?

Should be easy enough to help you through the forum, you may not need a help site.

Akumos, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Share files across machines

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Share files across machines

1. Share files across machines - Similar Threads - Share files across

2. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?: I am new to OneDrive and want to do something that should be simple. I have three devices; a desktop with windows 10, a laptop with windows 11, and an android phone. All have OneDrive with the same account. I would like to manually put a file in the OneDrive folder on one...
  3. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?: I am new to OneDrive and want to do something that should be simple. I have three devices; a desktop with windows 10, a laptop with windows 11, and an android phone. All have OneDrive with the same account. I would like to manually put a file in the OneDrive folder on one...
  4. Sharing across devices

Sharing across devices: Until last month, my desktop PC happily shared with my laptop, and my Windows explorer displayed the up to date information on screen from input into either machine.Suddenly that has stopped, and I cannot remember how I set it up in the first place.Can anyone help me with...
  5. Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

Can't stop my files being shared across the network.: All of the files in Users folder in my computer are being shared across my home network. I tried to stop them being shared by right clicking on the file>share with > stop sharing. Then a new window opens telling "stop file share" and "this would take few minutes". There was a...
  6. sharing folders across Users

sharing folders across Users: Windows 10 I used to prev PC be able to access a folder on C:\Users\David\Desktop from a shortcut on C:\Users\Ben\Desktop. David is the Admin. Now I can't. I added Admin Rights to Users/Ben but that didn't work. When I bring up the Shortcut on Ben's Desktop, and...
  7. Sharing a Folder across Users

Sharing a Folder across Users: I used to be able but I can’t now: make a shortcut on a second user’s Desktop referencing a folder on the primary User’s Desktop. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-a-folder-across-users/3e8581f2-bb06-4e40-bba3-58be71eff3b5
  8. File Sharing Across Two PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Sharing Across Two PC's: I have what I hope is a simple question. BUT, first, my setup: I have two PC's, connected by an ethernet cable. So as to not get too complicated, I use those PC's with ONE mouse and ONE keyboard using Mouse Without Borders, a FANTASTIC program that is working well....
  9. File sharing across my private network

File sharing across my private network: Quite suddenly (I presume after a Windows 10 update) both of my TV media players are unable to access files on my Windows 10 computer. Amongst other things I have tried to turn off password protected sharing, but this change does not save correctly....
  10. Can I folder/file share across subnets

Can I folder/file share across subnets: Sorry if I have the wrong terminology.... I have a router set up with subnets as in 192.168.1.xxx 192.168.2.xxx and all was well when I was using Win 7. I could have a file server PC with a static I/P of 192.168.2.25 and on it set some folders to share - everyone - read...