Windows 10: Share files on Windows and Mac PC when connected to WIFI

Discus and support Share files on Windows and Mac PC when connected to WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Both my laptop (this PC) and my MacBook Air are connected to my home WiFi. But neither is showing on the other one's network connections. Why not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon#VH, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Simon#VH Win User

Share files on Windows and Mac PC when connected to WIFI

Both my laptop (this PC) and my MacBook Air are connected to my home WiFi. But neither is showing on the other one's network connections. Why not, and how do I rectify, please?

***Original title: Viewing another computer that I know is correctly connected to my WiFi but is invisible***

:)

Simon#VH, Feb 23, 2019

2. Wifi connection to PC or Mac

I am looking for a few pointers on how to network my PC or Mac to my N80 over Wifi.

I ahve hooked up my n80 to my wifi access point without a hitch and can connect to the internet fine from the phone over the wifi. What I haven't managed to do successfully is simply network the phoen to the PC or Mac and transfer some files.

I tried the media server software that Nokia suggests but it is shockingly bad and practically crashes my PC and I really don't need another iTunes.

What I really want to do is simply and manually transfer files from one to the other but no matter what I try I can't find my Phone on the network.

Can anyone suggest a simple method to achieve this because its driving me crazy and without this ability the Wifi is pretty redundant. thanks

bobajobbob, Feb 23, 2019
  3. dashr Win User
    Cant get Mac Book to share Windows 10 printer

Hello -

Been tearin' my hair out a little on this one, have scoured the net and posted on a couple Mac forums to no avail.

PC is a brand new tower running Windows 10 & I love it but I cant seem to get my Mac laptop to connect to the Kodak c310 AIO printer when I hook it up to the new tower. It connects to my old Mac Pro tower easily over the same LAN.

The LAN is an ether-net using a Linksys 4 port router. The Mac identifies the tower as being on the network and seems to try to print to the Kodak but then just hangs at sending the data. As I said above, it prints fine over the same network to my old Mac tower.

I have followed all the steps here: http://macs.about.com/od/printershar...-Mac.htm#step1

Enabled LPD protocol & printer sharing in Windows 10.

Any advice or suggestions most appreciated thanks for reading!

dashr, Feb 23, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Share files on Windows and Mac PC when connected to WIFI - Similar Threads - Share files Mac

2. File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection: I have five computers on the same network, four connected by wifi and one wired. One of the wifi computers is for shared file storage only, running Windows 11. I relocated it and plugged it directly into the ISP provided router and turned off wifi, changed no other settings...
  3. File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection: I have five computers on the same network, four connected by wifi and one wired. One of the wifi computers is for shared file storage only, running Windows 11. I relocated it and plugged it directly into the ISP provided router and turned off wifi, changed no other settings...
  4. Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc

Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc: Got all the way until the point were I just need network credentials but I don't know the password keeps saying wrong how can I change a windows credentials password....
  5. Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc: Got all the way until the point were I just need network credentials but I don't know the password keeps saying wrong how can I change a windows credentials password....
  6. Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Wireless sharing from MAC to PC

Wireless sharing from MAC to PC: Hello,I'm trying to share some files from a Mac to my new PC and I'm having trouble connecting the two. When I try to connect from my Mac it asks for my user name and password to connect to the PC server but it doesn't accept the password and username that I usually use to...
  8. Wifi connection sharing

Wifi connection sharing: Hey all, I currently share my internet connection from the wifi on my pc to another machine via ethernet. It works correctly, and sharing is ticked on in the adapter settings etc... The problem is, I have to 'refresh' that tick box every time I turn my pc on... even though...
  9. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...
  10. File Sharing Problem with Mac

File Sharing Problem with Mac: My old set up was windows 7 desktop and Mac OS Yosemite MacBook air (MBA), Both computers can share files. My desktop was connected to an Ethernet modem/wired and my MBA wifi is access via wireless router, Everything is working and I replaced my desktop w/ new Win machine w/...