Windows 10: Share files seamlessly between android and windows

Discus and support Share files seamlessly between android and windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey can you guys tell me how can i share files between my android and windows pc like Apple air drop... Do you guys have any idea about implementing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MdAsif_Indian, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Share files seamlessly between android and windows

Hey can you guys tell me how can i share files between my android and windows pc like Apple air drop... Do you guys have any idea about implementing air drop like feature in between windows and android ?

submitted by /u/MdAsif_Indian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MdAsif_Indian, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Android to PC file Share - Security at risk

Hello Anuj Indoria,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address the issue, kindly help us with the following questions.

1. If the computer is connected via cable, may I know how the phone is connected to the computer?
    2. If the computer is connected via Wi-Fi, may I know how the phone is connected to the computer?
    3. When you connect the computer via Wi-Fi, will it asks for the Wi-Fi credentials or the computer credentials?
    I would recommend you to check with the below suggestions and see if it works.

Method 1: Turn on password protected sharing.

If the password protected sharing is on, only people who have a user account and password on that computer can access shared files attached to that computer and the Public folders. To restrict other people access, you must turn on password protected sharing.
    To do that

• Go to search window and type Managed advanced sharing settings and click on it.
    • Click the down arrow on the right of All Networks to expand the settings.
    • Select Turn on password protected sharing from the list and click on
      Save changes.

Method 2: Create a shared folder.

You can share files between your android and PC and keep it encrypted by creating a shared folder from the following steps.

• Create a shared folder and assign a name to it.
    • In ES File Explorer on your phone, hit the globe icon which is on the upper-left corner and navigate the network - LAN.
    • Click Search on the menu from the bottom to search for networks (Make sure to connect the phone and PC till you get the IP Address of your PC).
    • Click the icon and add your Username and Password.
    • After creating a shared folder, you can easily add sharing files back and forth using ES File explorer.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 4, 2020
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Share files seamlessly between android and windows

Can i use ics to share internet on my android phone on windows 10 via USB cable.

Hi John,

I understand your concern to share internet on android phone and Windows 10 system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and exactly model of the android device you are using?
    • How exactly are you trying to access the android phone on Windows 10?
    • How exactly have you got to know that your device supports Internet Connection Sharing feature?

I suggest you to refer to the phone user manual, confirm once if you are able to access the feature. If so, check if you can find the steps to do it.

Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Share files seamlessly between android and windows

1. Share files seamlessly between android and windows - Similar Threads - Share files seamlessly

2. What solution does windows 11 is providing for sharing files between android and windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What solution does windows 11 is providing for sharing files between android and windows...: What solution does windows 11 is providing for sharing files between android and windows wirelessly ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-solution-does-windows-11-is-providing-for/7a494a54-6af4-4e70-bb17-0fbc1ef4259b
  3. What solution does windows 11 is providing for sharing files between android and windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What solution does windows 11 is providing for sharing files between android and windows...: What solution does windows 11 is providing for sharing files between android and windows wirelessly ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-solution-does-windows-11-is-providing-for/7a494a54-6af4-4e70-bb17-0fbc1ef4259b
  4. Nearby Share between Windows and Android

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby Share between Windows and Android: [ATTACH] Does Nearby Share actually work between PC and Android? submitted by /u/rock4us2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wahvfl/nearby_share_between_windows_and_android/
  5. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  6. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  7. Is there a way yet to seamlessly share resources and desktop between two pcs?

Is there a way yet to seamlessly share resources and desktop between two pcs?: I'm in a position where I will be transitioning to working remotely, and I want to save desk space by utilizing my same monitors. I'm familiar with KVMs, and even a few virtual kvm software types, but I was wondering if theres a way to seamlessly share resources and desktop...
  8. Best file sharing software between Android and Win 10 PC?

Best file sharing software between Android and Win 10 PC?: Is there any software that can even let me share folders not only specific files? submitted by /u/Zaydh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo4ea/best_file_sharing_software_between_android_and/
  9. Android emulator that works seamlessly on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Android emulator that works seamlessly on windows 10: I would like to know some android emulator that works fine on windows 10 without any issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-emulator-that-works-seamlessly-on-windows/05a7b895-b239-455b-9e93-8a06de0cfb62
  10. sharing files between computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...