Windows 10: share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi

Discus and support share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have 2 pc both have windows 10 the first is Connect by Ethernet the second Connect by wifi and has share folder and both of them in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yu-Gi-OhZeXal, Sep 20, 2020.

1. share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi

i have 2 pc both have windows 10

the first is Connect by Ethernet

the second Connect by wifi and has share folder

and both of them in the same router

it was working fine and suddenly i cannot Access the share folder fromthe first pc

but when i switch the connect in the the second pc toEthernet i canaccess the share folder from the first pc

even if i switch the connect in thethe second pc to wifi i still canaccess the share folder fromthe first pc as long i donot shutdown the second pc

and if i restart the second pc Then I cannotAccess the share folder fromthe first pc

I repeated the experiment by create share folder in the first pcand it turned out I cannotAccess the share folder if it wasExist on apc that usea wifi connections. Whatever type of connection on the other pc

and i can Access the share folder if it wasExist on apc that usea Ethernet connectionsWhatever type of connection on the other pc

Please help

:)

Yu-Gi-OhZeXal, Sep 20, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Sep 20, 2020
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

WIFI Works, not ethernet. I have a MacBook Pro and a Dell WIN 7. Ethernet stopped working, replaced WIFI Access point. I replaced the wifi access point, and for several days, it worked! But then about a week later, I can still connect wifi just fine with all devices, but not ethernet. Frustrated in Hobart*Bang Head :banghead:

New WI-FI Router Lynksys N900 Model # EA4500-NP NEW/Replaced MOdem
    Modem Motorola Surfboard SB5101U

revdrw, Sep 20, 2020
  4. 3870x2 Win User

share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi

Wifi stops working when using ethernet

If the computer is unplugged from the ethernet, does the wifi work?

3870x2, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi

1. share folder work by Ethernet anfd Not work by wifi - Similar Threads - share folder Ethernet

2. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  3. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  4. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi/Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi/Ethernet not working: This is my 5th time restarting my PC and the WIFI just started working. Normally it doesn't when I troubleshoot all it shows me is "Plug in a ethernet cable into this computer" but I don't have one, and when I press skip it says "Network cable broken or not plugged in" but...
  6. Ethernet not working, Wifi works.

Ethernet not working, Wifi works.: I have tried every suggestion from other threads on here but nothing has worked. The same ethernet cable works with another computer so it has to be a computer issue. When plugged in the ethernet says "no internet". I am able to access 192.168.1.1 and pinging the routers ip...
  7. share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi

share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi: i have 2 pc both have windows 10 the first is Connect by Ethernet the second Connect by wifi and has share folder and both of them in the same router it was working fine and suddenly i cannot Access the share folder fromthe first pc but when i switch the connect in the...
  8. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi): Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS. So...
  9. Wifi and Ethernet not working

Wifi and Ethernet not working: Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going into my pc and my ethernet icon wasn’t there it was just a wifi symbol. I could still connect to the...
  10. Wifi and Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi and Ethernet not working: Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going into my pc and my ethernet icon wasn’t there it was just a wifi symbol. I could still connect to the...