Windows 10: Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address

Discus and support Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I want to share a webpage via email I select "Share" from the 3 dots, enter the name of the person that I want to send it to & hit "Send" It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Howard Foster, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address

When I want to share a webpage via email I select "Share" from the 3 dots, enter the name of the person that I want to send it to & hit "Send"

It sends it, but rather then display my email address as the sender, " *** Email address is removed for privacy ***", it displays

"Howard Foster <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>" Why is that and how can I change it to my real email address ?

Moved from Microsoft Edge Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address f6893553-90f0-488d-98b7-baa60fbbae7f?upload=true.png

:)

Howard Foster, Sep 16, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Sep 16, 2020
  3. How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

Any ideas when or if this issue will be addressed? Please add functionality to delete an email address in a window that pops up when typing an email address. There are email addresses that display for auto suggesting that are no longer valid. They are not
    in my contacts/people list. These appear to be stored in a "hidden" area of the device, making it not possible to remove them.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address

1. Share Function Does Not Display My Real Email Address - Similar Threads - Share Function Does

2. My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...: my old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** can you merge them? * Moved from Community Center...
  3. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Fix my email address: Fix my email address * Moved from Community Center* Original title: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-is-removed-for-privacy-fix-my-email/b64d8682-6984-4648-99db-6f288f781002
  4. Does not receive email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does not receive email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: HiI can no longer receive mail on my livemail. I get the following message when I try to send mail to my account:Delivery to these recipients or groups failed:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***Unable to deliver the message. DNS reported that the recipient's domain...
  5. Does not receive email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does not receive email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: HiI can no longer receive mail on my livemail. I get the following message when I try to send mail to my account:Delivery to these recipients or groups failed:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***Unable to deliver the message. DNS reported that the recipient's domain...
  6. How Does One Replace an Old Email Address with a New Email Address?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Does One Replace an Old Email Address with a New Email Address?: have: W10 homescenario: i changed my email address to a new address and deleted/deactivated the previous address. issue: now i'm bombarded with an account error message old discontinued email address is displayed which i cannot stop from popping up. objective: change email...
  7. real email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real email?: hello, i have a question, does anybody know if “maccount @ microsoft. com “ is a real microsoft mail?? got a mail from them when contacting microsoft support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-email/0bc1df12-65ed-4221-aeab-169b44fa8443
  8. Is email from live.com info *** Email address is removed for privacy *** real or a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is email from live.com info *** Email address is removed for privacy *** real or a scam?: Can someone please tell me if the email I just received is valid or a scam? Thank you very much. Your Current Login Session has expired and will Reset/Update if you Logout. live.com update may take up to 48hours! You will not be able to use your mailbox until update is...
  9. My email addresses displayed in my sidebar disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    My email addresses displayed in my sidebar disappeared: I use several different email addresses and in my Windows 10 they display in a sidebar. I can click whichever one I want and view emails to that address. However, today, I had to update one of those emails requested by my web hosting service, and when I did, they all...
  10. Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Email Addresses from "Share with" Context Menu?: [img] How do I remove these? I mainly want to remove the hotmail address. I tried deleting it from netplwiz and rebooting, but it still shows up. I no longer use that email and I want it deleted from that context menu. 92085