Windows 10: Share internet connection over ethernet card

Discus and support Share internet connection over ethernet card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have two Windows 10 (updated) PCs. One of them (PC 0) is connected to the internet and has straight public IP address set to its ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mageo Famber, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Share internet connection over ethernet card

Hello

I have two Windows 10 (updated) PCs.

One of them (PC 0) is connected to the internet and has straight public IP address set to its ethernet card (NIC 0). This PC 0 has another ethernet card (NIC 1) and NIC 1 is connected to another win10 PC (PC 1). How can I share the internet connection? I cannot use bridge because PC 1 then gets (from the same subnet range) a similar public IP address and is connected to the internet, but PC 0 looses its connection. It is possible that ISP limits IP addresses leased to 1. If I enable sharing either in "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections" for NIC 1, or by typing "net start sharedaccess" in command-line, NIC 0 gets its public IP address replaced with a private IP address and internet connection disappears.

Note that these are fresh Win10 PCs. Homegroup is removed so the option that worked before to connect does not work anymore.

Guidance on how to share internet connection to another up to date Windows 10 via ethernet is much appreciated.

:)

Mageo Famber, Jul 14, 2018

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 14, 2018
  3. repete007 Win User
    Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10

Also, connect a router or switch to the network interface card in your computer. Otherwise, internet connection sharing will not resume, following a reboot of your computer. Finally, my internet sharing works, after rebooting the computer which is sharing
    internet. When you are asked, select to have your network interface card connected network be private.

repete007, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Share internet connection over ethernet card

Internet Connection Sharing over Ethernet

So I have my laptop with windows 10 connected to Wi-Fi and I'm trying to connect another laptop via Ethernet to my laptop so they can share internet. I checked the box to [allow other network users to connect through my laptop's internet] in the "Internet
    Connection Sharing" section but I can't choose the Ethernet option in the drop down box under "Home networking connection". All I can choose is "Wi-Fi". Help me Pls.

Javier27Reynoso, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Share internet connection over ethernet card

1. Share internet connection over ethernet card - Similar Threads - Share internet connection

2. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  3. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  4. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Connection Sharing Busted Over The Weekend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing Busted Over The Weekend: Hey there, everyone. Been using the gaming rig I built to share the internet connection from my landlord's router to my own router to run my own network to power my devices Smart TV, Smart Plugs, etc.. Been working like a charm up until the last week, where now the internet...
  6. Internet Connection Sharing Busted Over The Weekend

Internet Connection Sharing Busted Over The Weekend: Hey there, everyone. Been using the gaming rig I built to share the internet connection from my landlord's router to my own router to run my own network to power my devices Smart TV, Smart Plugs, etc.. Been working like a charm up until the last week, where now the internet...
  7. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  8. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

sharing a printer over an ethernet connection: Hello, I need help getting my printer shared over an ethernet connection.I am very frustrated and feel like a dummie, I'm sure there are many who will say why don't you do this, why are you messing around, however in the past windows version it seemed al this kid of stuff...
  9. sharing a printer over an ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet: Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off. I have tried changing the...