Windows 10: Share internet

Discus and support Share internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to share the internet to another computer but I can't do it. Is there anything else I should do? if so please guide me please thank you in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlbertJones3, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Share internet

I would like to share the internet to another computer but I can't do it. Is there anything else I should do? if so please guide me please thank you in advance for your help

Moved from the Community (Es)

:)

AlbertJones3, Sep 2, 2019
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Share internet

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is unable to start automatically on boot?

Hi,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that YanisLukes
    did to resolve the same issue.

To update your network adapter, you can follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver: 

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall. 

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided here:
    How to Troubleshoot Internet Connection Sharing Problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Share internet

1. Share internet - Similar Threads - Share internet

2. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  3. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  4. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Which Bluetooth Protocol is being used for Shared Internet via Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Bluetooth Protocol is being used for Shared Internet via Bluetooth?: Hi,I just want to find out more on the Bluetooth protocol used with the Share Internet function in Windows. If Bluetooth is selected is the system using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol for the shared internet data communication?Thanks for your kind help and...
  6. Which Bluetooth Protocol is being used for Shared Internet via Bluetooth?

Which Bluetooth Protocol is being used for Shared Internet via Bluetooth?: Hi,I just want to find out more on the Bluetooth protocol used with the Share Internet function in Windows. If Bluetooth is selected is the system using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol for the shared internet data communication?Thanks for your kind help and...
  7. The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...: The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19045. Please share the link to download the driver...
  8. The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...

The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...: The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19045. Please share the link to download the driver...
  9. The following Driver is missing "Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device" in Network Adapter in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Internet connection sharing explanation

Internet connection sharing explanation: I have 2 computers, both homebuilt, one is my HTPC running Win 10 Pro, the other is a Linux Mint 20 desktop. I travel when working and stay in AirBnB's. I have a Netgear Nighthawk dual-band wireless adapter which I connect USB to the HTPC. I then run a Cat 6 cable between the...