Windows 10: Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

Discus and support Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottJB9276, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and disable/enable the WiFi adapter.I have tried just sharing the connection, as well as bridging the connections.Both laptop and PC are running Windows 10.

:)

ScottJB9276, Mar 24, 2023

2. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 24, 2023
  4. ori moshe Win User

Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

I have windows 10 on my PC before and after the format.

I have format my PC lately and after all the set up I tried to connect to the home WiFi(connect regularly before) but suddenly the PC won't even find the WiFi on the WiFi list. but when I've connected an Ethernet cable the WiFi worked perfectly. I've deleted and updated the WiFi adapter from the device list already and it did nothing. please help.

ori moshe, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

1. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC - Similar Threads - Share laptop WiFi

2. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  3. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  4. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  5. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  6. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable

Sharing my VPN via Ethernet Cable: Hi!I'd like to make a hotspot to share my VPN-enabled internet to another computer via an Ethernet cable. I'm using Windows 10 on both devices. I can't seem to get this to work, though I've been told it's very possible!The host computer can share the internet just fine using...
  8. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  9. PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB: Can i connect my Ethernet cable on My wifi Motherboard? pls answer submitted by /u/IcyLaser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cv96xd/pc_ethernet_cable_to_wifi_mb/
  10. Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS)

Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS): We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped. We have 5 machines, all on Windows 10, and 5 IP phones. The IP phones need to be connected via ethernet, and since we don't have access to an ethernet connection in our building, we share the wifi from the computer to...