Windows 10: Share Minecraft with Family

Discus and support Share Minecraft with Family in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've seen a more or less similar post but of 2016, so I was hoping things might be different now. Is it possible to buy minecraft once and share it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PacSmit, Nov 3, 2019.

1. PacSmit Win User

Share Minecraft with Family

I've seen a more or less similar post but of 2016, so I was hoping things might be different now.

Is it possible to buy minecraft once and share it with your kids on the family account and can they play it simultaneously?

I find this whole family account and content sharing on the microsoft store very confusing. It is very obvious in the Google play store how that works and there I bough minecraft once and can share it with my kids who can play it simultaneously.

:)

PacSmit, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Plantje Win User
    Minecraft useability

My daughter really wants to play Minecraft.

Situation: she has her own laptop and Microsoft account. And I expect to have an Xbox One soon.

• Can I purchase Minecraft games for her Microsoft account in a way that she can play it on her laptop and later on she can continue to play it on the Xbox under her account?
    • Can I purchase Minecraft on the family account and share it for free among my family so everyone (my son, daughter, my wife, me) can play it on the Windows 10 laptops and XBox One?

Thanks!

Plantje, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Family sharing of purchased games

Hi Eddie,

Unfortunately as far as I know, the Microsoft Store, Minecraft no less does not support family sharing. It is one character per account. Basically, if you purchase access to Minecraft, it technically entitles you to one user. So if your kids would share that
    one copy, they have to have the same credentials to log into the Minecraft launcher, which if it isn't a problem, sharing is feasible.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Ethan B., Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Share Minecraft with Family - Similar Threads - Share Minecraft Family

2. XBox Live Gold - Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Live Gold - Family Sharing: How to sign into family sharing of XBox Live Gold on the family home Xbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live-gold-family-sharing/23615f1f-de48-4e0a-b004-675366bcfcd3
  3. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10: How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that matters....
  4. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....
  5. Sharing purchases within family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing purchases within family group: I recently purchased a mashup pack in Minecraft for my son but we can only use it when logged into my gamertag. Is there a way to share these microtransactions within your family group??? Thank you...
  6. Family sharing of purchased games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing of purchased games: My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able to download it and play...
  7. Office365 Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office365 Family Sharing: Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and uses a Windowd 10 desktop PC. I set up family sharing on my Mac, with my account and sent her the invitation, She accepted...
  8. Microsoft Family sharing and play anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family sharing and play anywhere: I purchased Gears of war 4 from Microsoft store which I am playing on my gaming laptop and don't own Xbox one. I would like to play this game with my sons on another 2 PCs. I have successfully added everyone to Microsoft family and installed the game using my account signed...
  9. Family sharing problems using 2 profiles.

Family sharing problems using 2 profiles.: I have gotten a new pc recentlly and I have to share it with my mom. I have created 2 profiles, so she doesn't see what I am doing. However when I installed steam, the program installed on her profile as well. How do I make it so my files stay on MY profile and hers stay on...
  10. Share Minecraft Builds in Remix 3D

in Windows 10 News
    Share Minecraft Builds in Remix 3D: The Better Together update didn’t just bring you cross-platform play. It didn’t just bring you Marketplace content accessible across compatible devices. It didn’t just bring you massive servers, new minigames, maps, adventures, armor stands, banners, parrots, game rules,...