Windows 10: Share or Link !

Discus and support Share or Link ! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been creating OneDrive links for a long time now without any problem. However if I open OneDrive and click on Share and send nobody receives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Share or Link !

I have been creating OneDrive links for a long time now without any problem. However if I open OneDrive and click on Share and send nobody receives them ! I have to "create" a link and copy to a email address in order for it to work. If I use the "Share" method my OutLook mail says it has been sent but it hasn't !! It seems a lot easier pressing share and sending but that dosen't seem to work for me. I know the link will open on most devices but does the person who I send "share" too need to have a Microsoft account ? I tried sending a "Share" file this morning 5 times but my friend never rec

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Apr 11, 2022

2. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 - Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 11, 2022
  4. DTG1 Win User

Share or Link !

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Share or Link !

1. Share or Link ! - Similar Threads - Share Link

2. Share webpages using Link to Windows not available anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share webpages using Link to Windows not available anymore: The below feature of Phone Link is not available anymore:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/share-webpages-using-link-to-windows-194de22a-aad7-417d-857a-4e8eed1ab5e9Use case scenario:Android device Android 13 connected to Windows 11 Build 22631.3155 via Phone Link....
  3. Share webpages using Link to Windows not available anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share webpages using Link to Windows not available anymore: The below feature of Phone Link is not available anymore:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/share-webpages-using-link-to-windows-194de22a-aad7-417d-857a-4e8eed1ab5e9Use case scenario:Android device Android 13 connected to Windows 11 Build 22631.3155 via Phone Link....
  4. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  5. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  6. Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?: I like the features provided by Phone Link, but am concerned about how my information may be shared with Microsoft or others. Ideally the information sent between my phone and my computer would go no further, but I suspect some information would be scooped up for marketing...
  7. Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?

Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?: I like the features provided by Phone Link, but am concerned about how my information may be shared with Microsoft or others. Ideally the information sent between my phone and my computer would go no further, but I suspect some information would be scooped up for marketing...
  8. Phone Link question: what information is shared beyond my local devices?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. OneDrive shared Links!

OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  10. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...