Windows 10: Share Port Utility

Discus and support Share Port Utility in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My share port utility and associated D-Link D-628 router will not work with Windows 10. I first installed Shareport Utility, then replaced it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by den, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DEN
    den Win User

Share Port Utility

My share port utility and associated D-Link D-628 router will not work with Windows 10.

I first installed Shareport Utility, then replaced it with SX Virtual Link which is suppose to work with W 10.

With SX Virtual Link, and the firewall disabled, I can see the devices on the Link and I can also see the router, but when I attempt to connect to those devices it locks up File explorer instead of opening it...eventually locking up the computer and making it necessary to reboot.

This same shareport link works well on my Vista and 7 computers.

If anyone has been through this and can offer any wisdom, I'd be grateful. Thank you.

:)

2. Read Only Drive

The link you shared contain the 3rd party softwares to Protect my PC from the USB viruses by disabling my Usb ports (making them read only). But i want the utility tool that will make my Usb read only not my PC ports so if i plug it to the infected Pc
    then it wont harm my usb data

jamaltariq, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Elrendhel Win User
    GPS/WM5

Hello Maxsteel!

Please check out GPS Tuner, a program which I assist with. It can be found at
    www.gpstuner.com At the same site are several port sharing utilities that you can download (select the "Downloads" tab) and use, which may resolve your problems...

Elrendhel, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Share Port Utility

1. Share Port Utility - Similar Threads - Share Port Utility

2. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...: HI,I want to know how i can BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to access Local Network Shares from the Windows Firewall Rules in Windows 10.Can anyone help me on this?ThanksMuja...
  3. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...: HI,I want to know how i can BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to access Local Network Shares from the Windows Firewall Rules in Windows 10.Can anyone help me on this?ThanksMuja...
  4. Can we share the files via Modem USB port

Can we share the files via Modem USB port: I have ZTE modem for my broadband. It has one USB Port. Can we use this port to share pendrive data. If yes then how. Do we have to make some setting in Modem to read the pendrive data or this port is only for charging purpose. 180305
  5. Windows 10 Pro RAM under-utilization and Shared GPU Memory Setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro RAM under-utilization and Shared GPU Memory Setting: I have a Razer Blade Pro 4k 2017 with 32 GB of RAM and a GTX 1080 8 GB Graphics Card running Windows 10 Pro. I use this computer to do 3D CAD work. My CAD software Sketchup Pro 2020 is more more CPU and RAM intensive than GPU intensive. When working with large files, my...
  6. Any Windows Applications that Utilize Mac's Native Screen Sharing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Windows Applications that Utilize Mac's Native Screen Sharing?: I work remotely from a personal Windows Desktop to an in-office iMac. I would love to be able to utilize Apple's native Screen Sharing application, but that does not seem possible on Windows. I would love to avoid VNC altogether, but it's the only choice I have, I suppose....
  7. Sharing USB port over LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing USB port over LAN: In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each cabinet. Problem is, there are 2 PCs. We connect the tablet to one PC and would like other PC to have access to it as well....
  8. Network and Sharing Port Forwarding

Network and Sharing Port Forwarding: I used to be able to port forward by going into file explorer, network, under network infrastructure, my modem/router, then right click and say properties then setting and I could create TCP and UDP protocols or whatever it is. But now when I click on settings, a box that...
  9. Excellent Microsoft Money Utility for Fund & Share Quotes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excellent Microsoft Money Utility for Fund & Share Quotes: I noted a few people on the forum are still using the excellent Microsoft Money program for managing finances. I have Money 2005 which is the last UK supported version. Some time ago fund & share price updates stopped working. I've just found this excellent utility for $10...
  10. Sharing question + pet peeve + util?

Sharing question + pet peeve + util?: In the interest of full disclosure, I have an intense dislike for MS sharing dating back to Win NT (do anything that's a bit involved infrequently and it's generally a RPITA). That said... 1. Would someone be good enough to explain in English the meaning of the check off...