Windows 10: Share settings

Discus and support Share settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I am curious to know if there is a way to reset sharing settings back to default Win 10 install settings, for all files and folders on the system?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaymondDunne2, May 23, 2020.

1. Share settings

Hi. I am curious to know if there is a way to reset sharing settings back to default Win 10 install settings, for all files and folders on the system?

:)

RaymondDunne2, May 23, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 23, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Share settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Share settings

1. Share settings - Similar Threads - Share settings

2. Windows 11 Pro issue with Network and sharing center and Network Settings App conflicting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro issue with Network and sharing center and Network Settings App conflicting...: I Have Windows 11 Pro on my small business laptop computer. And I use my computer to communicate weekly with different LAN networks all across the country. In the past, I would arrive at a site, set a static IP in my computer to connect to the equipment in a facility, and...
  3. Windows 11 Pro issue with Network and sharing center and Network Settings App conflicting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro issue with Network and sharing center and Network Settings App conflicting...: I Have Windows 11 Pro on my small business laptop computer. And I use my computer to communicate weekly with different LAN networks all across the country. In the past, I would arrive at a site, set a static IP in my computer to connect to the equipment in a facility, and...
  4. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...: i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my network evryone is axcess my share please tell me the steps...
  5. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...: i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my network evryone is axcess my share please tell me the steps...
  6. i have done all the settings on pc but i am not able add password on network share on my...

7. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  8. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  9. I share a computer with Windows 11 and would like to set up a PIN using my own Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I share a computer with Windows 11 and would like to set up a PIN using my own Microsoft...: I share a computer with Windows 11 and would like to set up a PIN using my own Microsoft account. Both accounts show on the screen but only the first user can use their PIN to unlock the computer....
  10. I share a computer with Windows 11 and would like to set up a PIN using my own Microsoft...

I share a computer with Windows 11 and would like to set up a PIN using my own Microsoft...: I share a computer with Windows 11 and would like to set up a PIN using my own Microsoft account. Both accounts show on the screen but only the first user can use their PIN to unlock the computer....