Windows 10: share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV

Discus and support share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Situation, I have a PC and also a Firestick 4K I recently have been learning to use a keyboard and mouse wired with a usb hub for the firestick, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdowney717, Jan 27, 2021.

1. share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV

Situation, I have a PC and also a Firestick 4K
    I recently have been learning to use a keyboard and mouse wired with a usb hub for the firestick, and it works well, like on Opera web browser, other things like ADB commands to the firestick.

I have a wireless RF Logitech 400+ keyboard-mouse combo keyboard.
    Plugged into PC, it controls PC, plug into usb hub, it controls firestick4K

Is there a switch device to allow the one dongle to work on either firestick or PC, see that way push a button, and same keyboard will work on either device.

So like one USB port spreading out to 2 output cables connecting to PC or firestick with a toggle switch to set destination.

ok, I did find one kinda pricey though, anyone have some thing else?
    Amazon.com: Plugable USB 2.0 Switch for One-Button USB Device Port Sharing Between Two Computers (AB Switch): Computers & Accessories

:)

sdowney717, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Jan 27, 2021
  4. share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV

1. share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV - Similar Threads - share single keyboard

2. Replacement USB dongle for Wireless keyboard 3050

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacement USB dongle for Wireless keyboard 3050: Replacement USB dongle for Wireless keyboard 3050 , year 2017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacement-usb-dongle-for-wireless-keyboard-3050/6ab377c3-24ce-4b66-88d3-63ec5ed81460
  3. Replacement USB dongle for Wireless keyboard 3050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacement USB dongle for Wireless keyboard 3050: Replacement USB dongle for Wireless keyboard 3050 , year 2017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacement-usb-dongle-for-wireless-keyboard-3050/6ab377c3-24ce-4b66-88d3-63ec5ed81460
  4. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share USB License Dongle over network?: How do you share a USB License/Security Dongle, over a network? So that PC-1 has a Security USB Dongle License connected to it and I would like PC-2, PC-3, PC-4, to all be able to access the license on the Dongle that is connected to PC-1.The dongle only includes 1 license,...
  5. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

How to share USB License Dongle over network?: How do you share a USB License/Security Dongle, over a network? So that PC-1 has a Security USB Dongle License connected to it and I would like PC-2, PC-3, PC-4, to all be able to access the license on the Dongle that is connected to PC-1.The dongle only includes 1 license,...
  6. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...
  7. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...
  8. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Replacement USB dongle for Sculpt ergonomic keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacement USB dongle for Sculpt ergonomic keyboard: Hello, I bought the sculpt ergonomic keyboard set https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop/l5v-00001. Now, I would like to get a second dongle so that I can use the mouse at home and the keyboard at work. I don't want to...
  10. Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle: Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers: - Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs fine. - Dell XPS13 (2017) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), of course fine. Oddly, although Microsoft states that BT...