Windows 10: Share subtitles on a network

Discus and support Share subtitles on a network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've set up a local network via which I share .mp4 files. I also have .srt files with exactly the same name in the same folder. However, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeesKaas, Jan 11, 2019.

1. KeesKaas Win User

Share subtitles on a network

I've set up a local network via which I share .mp4 files. I also have .srt files with exactly the same name in the same folder.

However, when I try to watch that video through the network, the video loads but the subtitles won't. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

KeesKaas, Jan 11, 2019

2. Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

Hello Rita,

Have you tried the resolutions given by other community members on this thread? If not, we suggest that you check them out and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to setup the subtitles, please answer the following questions to be able to assist you further:

• What app are you using to use when playing videos?
    • What file type are the videos that you usually play?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Share subtitles on a network - Similar Threads - Share subtitles network

2. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  3. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  4. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  5. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subtitles: I have a fairly new Acer Predator Helios 300. Tried to watch movies for the first time today and can't get any video player to display subtitles. I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere but have never had this problem before. Any suggestions would be great....
  6. Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subtitles on Firestick not displaying on network share: Hello, Unfortunately the VLC for firestick app doesn't show SRT subtitles if I play the video from a network share. The subtitles work fine if I upload the video and SRT to the device. Summary: The files are named "video.mp4" and "video.srt" and both exist in the same...
  7. Network Sharing

Network Sharing: Hi all, I would like to share my files via network sharing by giving access to specific colleagues. How does this work? I am not able to find any of my colleagues on my network when I type in their names. If I share my Microsoft Access database via this method, would my...
  8. Network Sharing

Network Sharing: my laptop connected to WiFi and now theres a 'Network Sharing' option when i connected for the first time, and if i check my phone, there's thing called DIRECT-X*USER*-PCmshP. but i cant connect to it it has password, i dont know how to retrieve the password...
  9. network & sharing

network & sharing: I'm trying to access my PC files on my phone. I've downloaded File Manager onto my phone. My PC recognizes my device. When I try to "add a remote location", my computer name comes up as well as the Host # but when I try putting in the username & password, it won't connect. I...
  10. Network sharing

Network sharing: [ATTACH] I have received this pop out said i have no permission to access to the network. This network is sharing from another server pc while there are few computers working well. This computer is currently changed to Windows 10. Can anyone please help to solve how to...