Windows 10: "share with" file option has a strange string of numbers and letters

Discus and support "share with" file option has a strange string of numbers and letters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on a folder to share it, it gives me the usual homegroup options. However, there is another option now and I don't know what it is. It's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cdangers, Nov 2, 2015.

1. cdangers Win User

"share with" file option has a strange string of numbers and letters

When I click on a folder to share it, it gives me the usual homegroup options. However, there is another option now and I don't know what it is. It's a string of 20 numbers and letters. See the attached picture for reference.

Thanks

:)

cdangers, Nov 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 fax and scan can not access the documents folder

Highlighting "share with" only brings 3 options; "Stop Sharing", "Create or Join a Home Group", or "Specific People". No bunch of letters and numbers.

peterjanzen, Nov 2, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

"share with" file option has a strange string of numbers and letters

1. "share with" file option has a strange string of numbers and letters - Similar Threads - share file option

2. Files with random strings of letters and numbers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with random strings of letters and numbers.: I don't know what Data Base Files do, but I just want confirmation on whether or not these files are safe. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-with-random-strings-of-letters-and-numbers/3f456c01-dfa6-4e67-bddf-6e3fd21df0ca
  3. Strange Letters in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Letters in Context Menu: I have a weird text bug in the right click context menu. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-letters-in-context-menu/7502baf7-34c7-40c7-81e1-d1674584ecaa
  4. Random Number and Letter Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Number and Letter Files: Hello, in my Windows 10 PC keeps appearing random files. I delete them then they reappear, I downloaded some anti-virus programs and hard drive cleaning software, but it doesn't work, I need help. These are the files :Most of are empty and have appeared recently.Thank you,...
  5. Repeating string of numbers/letters keeps popping up after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeating string of numbers/letters keeps popping up after an update: Hi, I have a Dell laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10, and since the computer updated, a string of letters and numbers like 2n. n2/b 2n/ b.2n keeps appearing in search bars, both in the Windows search bar and web pages. Any help to solve this would be greatly...
  6. Unknown folder containing a string of letters and numbers as the folder name.

Unknown folder containing a string of letters and numbers as the folder name.: I've been pondering of this file that appeared within the local disk area, it's name is a very strange mix of letters and numbers which makes no sense to me at all. Within the file, is a bunch of Eula files that I, even as an administrator, cannot open. Once I've scouted for...
  7. strange numeric letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange numeric letters: have tried to open a saved document under wordpad. when opening it it shows up as numeric and special charecters. what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-numeric-letters/a8b13dd8-7abf-47b3-8841-5f2740a28a30
  8. Strange strings appear at the Scale and layout section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange strings appear at the Scale and layout section: New install, and some issue with the display resolution settings. Any clue what can cause this? Thank you for the help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-strings-appear-at-the-scale-and-layout/6b4480fe-bc11-4c7d-9879-6f591220bd92
  9. Random string of letters and numbers pop up and prevent my pc from shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random string of letters and numbers pop up and prevent my pc from shutting down: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_SnakeEater [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epbtsn/random_string_of_letters_and_numbers_pop_up_and/
  10. Strange File/Print share issue

Strange File/Print share issue: After KB4457128 Update, a shared USB printer on my system was no longer visible on other computers on the network. This is a home network using Workgroup, and has always been "flaky" with W10 updates breaking shares. However, in this case, the problem was with this share. If...