Windows 10: Share Your Desktop

Discus and support Share Your Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What Windows 10 UI should look like 132427 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by squaleca, May 11, 2019.

1. squaleca Win User

Share Your Desktop

What Windows 10 UI should look like

:)

squaleca, May 11, 2019
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 11, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Share Your Desktop

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Share Your Desktop

1. Share Your Desktop - Similar Threads - Share Desktop

2. Merging or Sharing Outlook Calendar and Windows Desktop Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging or Sharing Outlook Calendar and Windows Desktop Calendar: Hi, I just upgraded to Outlook 2019 and imported my calendar from outlook 2016. I would like to be able to use Windows Desktop calendar. Is there a way to import/merge/share my Outlook Calendar with the express calendar? I have the same e-mail account for both calendars, but...
  3. Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop: The DVD drive on my laptop died. I often play games like Monopoly on my laptop while watching TV, but they require the DVD in the drive (which doesn't work). Can I share the DVD drive on my desktop with the laptop. I'd put the Monopoly disk in the desktop, re-install from...
  4. File Sharing Between Windows 7 Desktop and Windows 10 Desktop

File Sharing Between Windows 7 Desktop and Windows 10 Desktop: I have a Windows 10 Desktop PC and a Windows 7 Desktop PC. I want to be able to have access to certain folders on the Windows 10 PC to play music, videos and view/edit documents. The reverse is true, but mainly for just transferring something over. Previously I was using a...
  5. Sharing files and folders between Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop

Sharing files and folders between Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop: Since buying a new HP laptop with Windows 10, I have had incomplete access to folders and files in my husband's Windows 7 desktop. All the sharing permissions have been activated in the Advanced options of the Network and Sharing centre in both computers and files that I...
  6. Share desktop sound through stereo mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share desktop sound through stereo mix: Hi, I'm having issues with setting up stereo mix through Discord. I'm trying to screen share movies with a friend, without having my mic activated, I've got the screen sharing part working, but there's no audio going through. When I used to use Skype everything was working...
  7. Can't access the shared files from my desktop?

Can't access the shared files from my desktop?: Why does my laptop say that I don't have permission to access the shared files from my desktop? It worked last week. It has worked for two decades but every once in a while it decides arbitrarily to pretend that the settings are wrong. But, since no settings are actually...
  8. Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop: Hi there, I have had trouble for some time with viewing a company shared drive for file uploading and editing. Our company uses OneDrive and I have complete access to other Microsoft apps and have a business email with Microsoft. I am able to access OneDrive through the...
  9. cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop

cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop: Hi i'm slowly going through various posts which are similar to my above problem but looking for a quick answer. Essentially my problem is this, I have a home server, 3 PC's, 2 TV's and a bluray player which all used to be able to see each other i recently had to reinstall...
  10. Folders shared but desktop no longer seeing laptop's drive

Folders shared but desktop no longer seeing laptop's drive: I have three computers, main desktop, backup old desktop, and laptop. I had a guy come and set up sharing so they'd see each other. However, the main desktop has stopped seeing the laptop. When I turn on the laptop and it connects to the network, it can see the other two...