Windows 10: ShareApp lets you control Windows 10 Privacy settings using PowerShell scripting files

Discus and support ShareApp lets you control Windows 10 Privacy settings using PowerShell scripting files in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]SharpApp is a free portable tool that builds on the Windows PowerShell engine and script files. It can be effectively used to disable Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 3, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

ShareApp lets you control Windows 10 Privacy settings using PowerShell scripting files

WinClub, May 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, May 3, 2020
  3. Jism Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Come'on. Even tho it offers a privacy setting, it's still not good enough.

There's a very good article on What data Windows 10 sends to Microsoft and how to stop it – HackMag what explains what your W10 OS is doing on the background and what type of data it is sending.

Making a privacy setting still submits the very basic tracking data to various servers, and no-one actually knows what is happening with that.

Windows 7 never had any privacy killing features aboard, untill they pushed an update to even computers with automatic updated turned off, offering the same type of stuff.

People need to be aware that this is just a 'small' step into a future where privacy is just no more. This privacy will be gone the more the masses keep signing up to services in exchange for their data. W10, Google, Facebook, they are all a perfectly good example of company's who became too big.

Remove telemetry updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Some good stuff.

Jism, May 3, 2020
  4. ShareApp lets you control Windows 10 Privacy settings using PowerShell scripting files

Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed scripts"

We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts".

Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking that it would block even the W10 built in scripts.

An example of what I am talking about are the 246 .ps1 files in the various diagnostic directories in c:\windows\diagnostics\system\ . our diags never come back with issues even when deliberately disabling components before running.

other areas that Powershell scripts live that I have found with a quick search -

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.powershell.odatautils_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17763.1_none_d60dcab1d9234fab

C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation\1.0.1\Diagnostics\Comprehensive

C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules - various folders in here.

Do we need to sign all powershell scripts that come with the OS?

Does Microsoft have a method of doing this?

Is there a list of script files that come with the OS so we don't just do a sign all approach, then find we have signed malware files.

we could probably configure something in the build task sequence to sign what is there initially. Is there any plan in place for Microsoft to start signing their scripts?

Will this be an ongoing process as updates are applied and files replaced, do we need to have a process in place to sign all PS1 files in the OS?

Paul Klerkx(psk), May 3, 2020
Thema:

ShareApp lets you control Windows 10 Privacy settings using PowerShell scripting files

1. ShareApp lets you control Windows 10 Privacy settings using PowerShell scripting files - Similar Threads - ShareApp lets control

2. Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting: Hello there!While configuring windows terminal, I accidentally hit Apply button see screenshot. Do I understand correctly that it set unrestricted policy to PowerShell? Can I revert this setting and how to do so?...
  3. Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting: Hello there!While configuring windows terminal, I accidentally hit Apply button see screenshot. Do I understand correctly that it set unrestricted policy to PowerShell? Can I revert this setting and how to do so?...
  4. How to apply the GPO settings by using PowerShell scripts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to apply the GPO settings by using PowerShell scripts.: Hello Team,We required your help to create the GPO settings via PowerShell script. example : I would like to apply the GPO settings to turn of the handwriting recognition error reporting via from PowerShell.I know how to apply the settings by manually to navigate the path...
  5. How to apply the GPO settings by using PowerShell scripts.

How to apply the GPO settings by using PowerShell scripts.: Hello Team,We required your help to create the GPO settings via PowerShell script. example : I would like to apply the GPO settings to turn of the handwriting recognition error reporting via from PowerShell.I know how to apply the settings by manually to navigate the path...
  6. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  7. Tweaking Performance Using PowerShell Scripts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking Performance Using PowerShell Scripts: Hi, Regarding the many scripts that I saw online e.g. Sophia scripts...etc, does it remove the associated registry key files of the apps/services it uninstalls? 171269
  8. How to update a file directly in TFS using Powershell scripts

How to update a file directly in TFS using Powershell scripts: I need to update a file in TFS via powershell. Simply I need to perform find and replace operation. I have a code piece to update a file which is saved in local machine, but not directly in TFS. Please help....
  9. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  10. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...