Windows 10: shared accounts

Discus and support shared accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting a message I have a problem with shared devices I don't know how to fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephAbate, Feb 4, 2019.

1. shared accounts

I keep getting a message I have a problem with shared devices I don't know how to fix it

:)

JosephAbate, Feb 4, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 4, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

shared accounts

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

shared accounts

1. shared accounts - Similar Threads - shared accounts

2. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?: I am new to OneDrive and want to do something that should be simple. I have three devices; a desktop with windows 10, a laptop with windows 11, and an android phone. All have OneDrive with the same account. I would like to manually put a file in the OneDrive folder on one...
  3. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?: I am new to OneDrive and want to do something that should be simple. I have three devices; a desktop with windows 10, a laptop with windows 11, and an android phone. All have OneDrive with the same account. I would like to manually put a file in the OneDrive folder on one...
  4. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  6. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  7. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  8. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  9. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. how do I delete an old work account that is sharing apps?

how do I delete an old work account that is sharing apps?: When I go to setting, accounts, accounts used by apps, there is no remove option. I can only manage it but then I need to log in but the account does not exist so I can't do anything. What do I do know?...