Windows 10: Shared computer

Discus and support Shared computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way that if a shared computer is being used and one person has an app open and logged out and another goes to use the same app but is says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ashley Rattew, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Shared computer

Is there a way that if a shared computer is being used and one person has an app open and logged out and another goes to use the same app but is says that it is in use on another session is there a way that you can still use that app?

:)

Ashley Rattew, Sep 18, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 18, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Shared computer

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Shared computer

1. Shared computer - Similar Threads - Shared computer

2. Share webcam between computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share webcam between computers: I have a 2 port KVM switch for keyboard and mouse but also want to share a webcam between computers. Can I use a USB adapter or do I need to get a 3 or 4 port KVM switch?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows***...
  3. Share webcam between computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share webcam between computers: I have a 2 port KVM switch for keyboard and mouse but also want to share a webcam between computers. Can I use a USB adapter or do I need to get a 3 or 4 port KVM switch?***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For business / Windows***...
  4. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  5. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  6. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...: After pushing the shared computer , then the fingerprint for the computer show fingerprint disable by administrator. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-issue-with-fingerprint-are-disable-by/a08a1ffc-88c3-4b5f-adb2-a2cbfb983732
  8. I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...

I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...: After pushing the shared computer , then the fingerprint for the computer show fingerprint disable by administrator. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-issue-with-fingerprint-are-disable-by/a08a1ffc-88c3-4b5f-adb2-a2cbfb983732
  9. I got issue with fingerprint are disable by administrator after pushing the shared computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer

Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer: HiI am using Windows 10 on the "server" server computer and "Haris" my workstation. I shared a folder from the "server" to be accessed by "Haris" and other computers.While other computers can access that folder just fine, "Haris" can't access the shared folder. I see that...