Windows 10: Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2...

Discus and support Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have on my local wifi/ethernet network 4 shared computers, printer, storage device and media devices. 2 days ago I updated Windows 10 on one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shlomo Wald, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2...

I have on my local wifi/ethernet network 4 shared computers, printer, storage device and media devices. 2 days ago I updated Windows 10 on one of the computers. Following that I cannot access or even see the other computers and the storage on my network! The printer and the media devices are seen and can be accessed.

What can be done?

Shlomo

:)

Shlomo Wald, Sep 18, 2018

2. Computer fell off local network after Windows 10 update

Two computers fail to locate (or be seen) on the local network after a recent (yesterday) Windows 10 update.

Have taken the typical steps of going to network settings and selecting discover, etc.

Also, have gone to sharing options to insure still sharing.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Florida Home TeamReal Estate, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2...

Windows 10 Share on right click

I recently right clicked on a sensitive file and instead of clicking on Open with, accidentally clicked on the Share button. The following window popped up:

Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2... [​IMG]

I immediately pressed the Esc key and the window disappeared. Does this window automatically share the file with the contacts listed in this window? Or would I have had to select a contact and go through additional steps to actually share the file? I'm worried that I've shared sensitive financial information with contacts that really shouldn't have seen them.

commodorejim, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2...

1. Shared computers on local network disappeared following the recent Windows 10 Update (2... - Similar Threads - Shared computers local

2. Networking 2 computers in a local network at home, Windows 10 and XP, almost but not quite...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking 2 computers in a local network at home, Windows 10 and XP, almost but not quite...: Hello, the past couple of days, I have been trying to network two older PC's, one a Dell Optiplex 9020, running Windows 10 Pro and an even older eMachines from 2005, still running XP to network up together. Previous attempts were a failure due to poor wireless connection,...
  3. Networking 2 computers in a local network at home, Windows 10 and XP, almost but not quite...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking 2 computers in a local network at home, Windows 10 and XP, almost but not quite...: Hello, the past couple of days, I have been trying to network two older PC's, one a Dell Optiplex 9020, running Windows 10 Pro and an even older eMachines from 2005, still running XP to network up together. Previous attempts were a failure due to poor wireless connection,...
  4. Networking 2 computers in a local network at home, Windows 10 and XP, almost but not quite...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user

Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user: Hello!I've been trying to log on to a PC on my network, but I have no idea about what the username can be on the other PC. Looking at the User settings in Control Panel I can see a "AzureAD/*name*". The e-mail address belonging to that user is *** Email address is removed for...
  6. Shared network drive disappears on Windows 10 lock

Shared network drive disappears on Windows 10 lock: Hi, I am using Windows 10 with a mapped network drive. Everytime, after locking the Windows using "Win + L", when I log in the mapped network drive disappears. To bring the network drive back, I have restart the system every time. I have tried restarting the server and have...
  7. Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot.

Windows 10 network shares disappear after reboot.: Hi, I am having a real difficult time getting my shares to stay. I have enabled all neccessary services and windows SMB1. Shared everything in network shares. Did a network reset. Everything works fine until I reboot a pc. Now I am working with 8 diffrent PC’s. So its not...
  8. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network: I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it points to turning password off in Network and Sharing Centre but this is not an option on either machine. Any ideas please?...
  9. Windows 10 File Sharing on local network

Windows 10 File Sharing on local network: On my home network there are two PCs - call them A and B. Each PC has two user accounts - call them 1 and 2. The same user -name and login password is used on both PCs. Both PCs are running "Windows 10 Home" - no other version information is given in Control Panel/System....
  10. Data Sharing on a local network

Data Sharing on a local network: Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to...