Windows 10: Shared Desktop Icons

Discus and support Shared Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I’ll make it quick. My boyfriend and I share a desktop running Windows 10 Pro(64 Bit) and we have different goals. We have separate user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XxDarkRagexX1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Shared Desktop Icons

Hey all, I’ll make it quick.

My boyfriend and I share a desktop running Windows 10 Pro(64 Bit) and we have different goals. We have separate user profiles on here, however he does a lot of artwork whilst I do not. All my games clog up his desktop and vice versa and if I remove them, they are removed from both profiles. I’ve tried to stop this by putting his stuff into a separate folder, and it mimics it on his account as well.

Google was no help, and everything people posted was basically “Haha yea, that happens” without any real assistance or insight. The one meaningful thing was literally moving the files themselves from user/public/... somewhere else but the user was extremely vague about it.

Thanks in advance everyone! Seriously!

submitted by /u/XxDarkRagexX1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XxDarkRagexX1, Apr 13, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Shared Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Shared Desktop Icons

1. Shared Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Shared Desktop Icons

2. little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...: as the title says,the little icons next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon" then even changed to a picture I have saved on my desktop?ThanksEmma...
  3. Desktops icons and apps being shared on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktops icons and apps being shared on network: I have 3 machines all on the same home network, they are all running Windows 10 Home 64bit. They all have the same Office application installed, however, 1 has a scanner and A3 printer and various other editing and document handling software that i use for work, and the 3rd...
  4. Desktops icons and apps being shared on network

Desktops icons and apps being shared on network: I have 3 machines all on the same home network, they are all running Windows 10 Home 64bit. They all have the same Office application installed, however, 1 has a scanner and A3 printer and various other editing and document handling software that i use for work, and the 3rd...
  5. Desktops icons and apps being shared on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Issue with customising icon for a mount share on the desktop

Issue with customising icon for a mount share on the desktop: Dear Support,I found an issue with changing a folder icon on a desktop shortcut.The shortcut is creating using diskmgmt, it's a share of a USB stick.I followed the following procedure: right click -> properties -> customise -> folder icons -> Change Icon...I select an image...
  7. Desktop sharing

Desktop sharing: How can I share my desktop with other users in same PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-sharing/876dfb36-ac9b-4c2a-8ccc-c660e7f5bba7
  8. Share icon

Share icon: On Microsoft edge, how do I remove names of people that I used to email that are listed under the Share icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-icon/4415fe65-755f-4670-819a-fa1a82c76489
  9. shared icons

shared icons: I found two shared icons on my desktop folders. But I haven’t shared them. So it is a security issue. Am I right? Is there a fix? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-icons/9c1ad590-bd22-4e65-b714-80f767842e60
  10. Desktop sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop sharing: A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/desktop-sharing/ccf0a438-997a-47e8-b95a-2c06dfd33e75"