Windows 10: Shared desktop issue

Discus and support Shared desktop issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a DC (windows server 2012) and the desktop for the joint machines (windows 10) is shared, the issue is the icons are not loading and when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geology_man, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Shared desktop issue

i have a DC (windows server 2012) and the desktop for the joint machines (windows 10) is shared, the issue is the icons are not loading and when the user sign in it give empty desktop (no icons).

note that not all the machines are having this issue, only some machines and if i deploy a new windows on it, it's working fine but it's a common issue and i need a solution instead of deploying a new windows.

:)

Geology_man, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sharing Issue

Hi Ennycloe,

There are several reasons why does other computers are unable to access your file from Windows 10. To make sure where this issue is coming from, we suggest that you run the built-in HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting on the Windows search box.
    • Click on View all which is located on the left pane.
    • Choose Home group and then Shared Folders.
    • Follow the on screen steps.

Let us know the results from the troubleshooter.

Janeane Cru, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 21, 2019
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Shared desktop issue

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Shared desktop issue

1. Shared desktop issue - Similar Threads - Shared desktop issue

2. A Desktop Worth Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Desktop Worth Sharing: Questions, anyone?Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-desktop-worth-sharing/0bb8bc66-ee03-4c55-b1b8-3b7b9a8635e4
  3. A Desktop Worth Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Desktop Worth Sharing: Questions, anyone?Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-desktop-worth-sharing/0bb8bc66-ee03-4c55-b1b8-3b7b9a8635e4
  4. Issue with customising icon for a mount share on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with customising icon for a mount share on the desktop: Dear Support,I found an issue with changing a folder icon on a desktop shortcut.The shortcut is creating using diskmgmt, it's a share of a USB stick.I followed the following procedure: right click -> properties -> customise -> folder icons -> Change Icon...I select an image...
  5. New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop: Everything from Steam games, homework assignments, and pictures are being shared between my two computers. I'm a full time student and I just purchased a PC for gaming. I've had my laptop for a couple years now and since getting my gaming PC, everything on my laptop including...
  6. Desktop sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop sharing: How can I share my desktop with other users in same PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-sharing/876dfb36-ac9b-4c2a-8ccc-c660e7f5bba7
  7. Shared Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shared Desktop Icons: Hey all, I’ll make it quick. My boyfriend and I share a desktop running Windows 10 Pro(64 Bit) and we have different goals. We have separate user profiles on here, however he does a lot of artwork whilst I do not. All my games clog up his desktop and vice versa and if I...
  8. Share files issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share files issue: I am unable to share files on my PC. The feature used to work but currently something has changed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-files-issue/8a7420bb-633f-478e-b0f6-25e555e87b3f
  9. Share Your Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Share Your Desktop: What Windows 10 UI should look like 132427
  10. Desktop sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop sharing: A chat site says I am using a desktop sharing prgram!!! What is this this & how do I rectify it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/desktop-sharing/ccf0a438-997a-47e8-b95a-2c06dfd33e75"