Windows 10: Shared Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update

Discus and support Shared Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, i am having issue with my shared dotmatrix printer connection. i am not able to communicate with this through network after i update windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sajeerp.s, Dec 8, 2020.

1. sajeerp.s Win User

Shared Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update

hi, i am having issue with my shared dotmatrix printer connection. i am not able to communicate with this through network after i update windows 10 update. kindly let me know how to solve this issue.

:)

sajeerp.s, Dec 8, 2020

2. Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update

Hi we use Dotmatrix printer LQ 2190, with the recent update on windows 10 the printer is not getting connected and unabel to print.

Can anyone help on this

PradeepMathew1, Dec 8, 2020
  3. EPSON LQ-690 Dotmatrix 24-pin printer and Windows 10

I bought a new Epson LQ-690 printer for printing draft/electronic transfer requests in 3 to 4 copies to banks. After several days attempts, I could not make it print what I needed even though the devices & printers showed the printer in the list of my three
    printers, the other two HP Laser jets.

My OS was Widows 10 pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.64

Eventually, I had to uninstall the update KB4048955 from the security update for windows this month. Then, happily my Epson printer started to work.

And my OS remained the same with OS Build only changed from 16299.64 to 16299.15

Unfortunately, all this mess wasted my one week's works related with money transfers and I had to write by hand all those bank documents.

Is there no other ways to keep an important security update intact and make the dotmatrix Epson printer work well with the latest version of Windows 10?

I expect some smart suggestions from any of you who are more experienced and smarter in this field. Please help.

thanks and best regards

Ahamed

AHAMED KUTTYMOHAMED, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Shared Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Shared Dotmatrix printer

2. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10: HelloAfter new updates installed windows can not sharing the printers. The printer sharing was working again after uninstalling the KB5005565 on the host computer. However, printer sharing stopped working again, when the KB5006670 is showing as installed update on the host...
  3. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10: HelloAfter new updates installed windows can not sharing the printers. The printer sharing was working again after uninstalling the KB5005565 on the host computer. However, printer sharing stopped working again, when the KB5006670 is showing as installed update on the host...
  4. Printer Sharing Stops After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Shared Printer not working post windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Printer not working post windows update: Post recent windows update, shared printers are not working. Tried uninstalling the update still no luck.Any known fixes or resolutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-printer-not-working-post-windows-update/7c89872a-2530-4ca3-add0-4fae4ba698b3
  6. Shared Printer not working post windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Printer not working post windows update: Post recent windows update, shared printers are not working. Tried uninstalling the update still no luck.Any known fixes or resolutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-printer-not-working-post-windows-update/7c89872a-2530-4ca3-add0-4fae4ba698b3
  7. Shared Printer not working post windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Shared printer not working after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer not working after the last update: After the last update, i can't print over LAN network. the error message is 0x0000052e. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-printer-not-working-after-the-last-update/40c03498-273a-4be1-8afa-296cb7368cd8
  9. Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update

Dotmatrix printer not working after windows 10 update: Hi we use Dotmatrix printer LQ 2190, with the recent update on windows 10 the printer is not getting connected and unabel to print. Can anyone help on this...
  10. printer not working after windows 10 update

printer not working after windows 10 update: I just down loaded the latest windows 10 upgrade and my printer stopped working printing from the pc I have an HP 700*430qe computer, 12gb ram, 64 bit operation system, windows home 10, version 2004, updated 6/13/2020 windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0. I have a...