Windows 10: Shared Drive and its contents

Discus and support Shared Drive and its contents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why are all the folders inside a Shared Drive not automatically shared? I assume it was so but when I checked several folder inside a shared Drive ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, May 4, 2021.

1. Shared Drive and its contents

Why are all the folders inside a Shared Drive not automatically shared? I assume it was so but when I checked several folder inside a shared Drive , some are shared others are not . Any reason for this ? Tks

:)

sportflyer, May 4, 2021

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 5, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 5, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

Shared Drive and its contents

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Shared Drive and its contents

1. Shared Drive and its contents - Similar Threads - Shared Drive contents

2. Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files: A user reported an issue where they couldn't use the search function to search within a shared drive they connected to.I have tried various steps including indexing options, and other file types.Within indexing options, I noticed the .xlsx file type was missing from the list....
  3. Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files: A user reported an issue where they couldn't use the search function to search within a shared drive they connected to.I have tried various steps including indexing options, and other file types.Within indexing options, I noticed the .xlsx file type was missing from the list....
  4. Server shared drive not searching file contents within .xlsx files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Nearby sharing can't save content

Nearby sharing can't save content: I'm trying to share between a PC and a laptop, both Windows 10, newest version. They each find the other one okay. When I send a file from the PC to the laptop, it says that it is unable to save the content. If I send it from the laptop to the PC, everything works fine. I've...
  6. Nearby sharing can't save content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby sharing can't save content: I'm trying to share between a PC and a laptop, both Windows 10, newest version. They each find the other one okay. When I send a file from the PC to the laptop, it says that it is unable to save the content. If I send it from the laptop to the PC, everything works fine. I've...
  7. Nearby sharing can't save content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard drives randomly partitioned and missing half of its contents.

Hard drives randomly partitioned and missing half of its contents.: about 4-5 days ago I had gotten a notification saying that my disk space was low, I went to check the total size remaining of one of my harddrives and noticed that all my harddrives were showing the wrong size. I have 2 1TB hard drives and a 250gb one one of the harddrives...
  9. OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive

OneDrive has copied all its contents to system drive: I have one onedrive setup so it is on a secondary harddisk on my computer D:/. I've noticed it has duplicated everything on it to my system drive C:/ as well. How do I stop this happening? The system harddisk is much smaller so I want all the space I can on it. Also why...
  10. Difference in size of a folder with its contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in size of a folder with its contents: Hello to all, I have a folder Documents and when I check its properties, Windows 10 x64 shows ~13 GB as its size. But when go within it and select all contents and check for properties (from the context menu) it shows ~3 GB as all of its contents' size. I also checked the...