Windows 10: Shared Drive connection error

Discus and support Shared Drive connection error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro with an external hard drive connected to back up onto. I also have a laptop that I want to be able to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Computer Solutions Kendal, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Shared Drive connection error

I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro with an external hard drive connected to back up onto. I also have a laptop that I want to be able to access the external hard drive. I have shared the documents folders from each computer which I am able to access. When I share the external hard drive I am unable to connect to it. I have set the shared and security to everyone and still it says it can't connect when I try to access it from the laptop.

:)

Computer Solutions Kendal, Dec 17, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 17, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Shared Drive connection error

Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Shared Drive connection error

1. Shared Drive connection error - Similar Threads - Shared Drive connection

2. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  3. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to shared drive connected to router: I have a TP-Link Archer GX90 gaming router with a Seagate 16TB portable hard drive connected to the router via the USB port. The router recognizes the hard drive and I have set the drive to be shared using the router's interface. I am able to access the drive over the network...
  4. Can't connect to shared drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error Connect to Share Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  6. Error Connect to Share Printer

Error Connect to Share Printer: Good morning,i am dafit from indonesia,sorry permission to ask, I'm having problems and problems when connecting the user's computer printer to the computer that is the printer server.there are 3 different info from the 3 computers we are trying to connect to.please help,...
  7. Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer: For about two years I have been using my windows 2019 server to connect to a shared printer on a windows 10 machine There is an app that only runs on server that I need to print labels from but about two weeks ago I can no longer connect to the printer and I get an error that...
  8. Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer: For about two years I have been using my windows 2019 server to connect to a shared printer on a windows 10 machine There is an app that only runs on server that I need to print labels from but about two weeks ago I can no longer connect to the printer and I get an error that...
  9. Error 0x0000007c connecting to to a shared printer

10. Network Name Not Found-- Error when connecting to shared drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Name Not Found-- Error when connecting to shared drives: Hello, we have a file server that haas a lot of shared drives and they are mapped to the users profile via GPO, but of lately intermittently some users report loosing access to the mapped drive, they get the error "Network Name Not Found" the Connection has not been...