Windows 10: Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access"

Discus and support Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop has several shared drives (not folders). They are shared with Everyone, Full Control, Password-Protected sharing is off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nigelmercier, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access"

My Windows 10 laptop has several shared drives (not folders).
    They are shared with Everyone, Full Control, Password-Protected sharing is off.

I can't access them from my main PC, but I can access the Users\Public folder.

Sharing settings below...

:)

nigelmercier, Mar 24, 2016

2. Mounting Windows 10 machine's disk on an XP machine via network share

I don't want to give access to my files to users other than myself. Even though they might not have permission to access my files locally, I wondered if giving share permission to Users might give them access over the net.

Rich Pasco, Mar 24, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 - Relocate Public Folders (Documents, Music, Videos, etc.)

That was the right answer from the get-go, since the Public folders are system folders, not user folders, as Tryx3 explained.

Be extremely careful when assigning permissions to your shared folder so that only authenticated users (who have a username and password on the local computer) can view the files. Sharing usually done on a server, which has its own set of security protocols.

BulldogXX, Mar 24, 2016
  4. Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access"

Can't access them from my Android device either. ES File Explorer says"

Login fails
    This may be caused by:
    - The account has no permissions

I therefore assume the problem is with the PC with the shares, not my network.

nigelmercier, Mar 25, 2016
  5. Well, I've fixed it. I searched for the error that ES File Explorer gave (The account has no permissions) and found this:

ES File Explorer: Account has no permissions

However, I note that my main PC does not have Everyone listed under the folder permissions, and that works OK.

nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access"

1. Shared Drive: "Your user account doesn't have permission to access" - Similar Threads - Shared Drive user

2. You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...: I'm the administrator. How do I give myself access please? I'm setting up a new Surface Pro and trying to access the files on my NAS drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-drive/f95de285-8079-4d6b-9832-f47b54014ee0
  3. You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...: I'm the administrator. How do I give myself access please? I'm setting up a new Surface Pro and trying to access the files on my NAS drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-drive/f95de285-8079-4d6b-9832-f47b54014ee0
  4. System doesn't have permission to access system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System doesn't have permission to access system files: I'm going to post this again, seeing as my last question about this hasn't gotten a response in more than a year of waiting. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 and when I try to run anything as administrator, it shows a network error reading "Windows cannot access [path to...
  5. System doesn't have permission to access system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System doesn't have permission to access system files: I'm going to post this again, seeing as my last question about this hasn't gotten a response in more than a year of waiting. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 and when I try to run anything as administrator, it shows a network error reading "Windows cannot access [path to...
  6. System doesn't have permission to access system files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. An application is requesting permission to access your Google Account

in Browsers and Email
    An application is requesting permission to access your Google Account: In Chrome, I imported the Xnotifier extension settings, launched my gmail account and got this message [img] It's possible the same thing happened using Firefox some time n the past, but I don't remember. It doesn't name the application. Could it be the Xnotifier...
  8. Error code- Access Shared Drive- "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact...

Error code- Access Shared Drive- "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact...: I have checked workgroup, searched web did all "repairs", I can see the network drive but when I try to connect told I do not have permission. checked printer and device sharing, no password needed. Have been able to set up network in all previous versions of Windows and DOS...
  9. You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator

You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator: Hi, This is a solution rather than a question. I found the question above, but not an answer. All suggested answers to this question were so ridiculously in depth for a basic drive share over a local LAN that I knew there must be a simpler solution. So I'm assuming you've...
  10. do not have permission to share drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do not have permission to share drive: I have a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 and old desktop running Windows 7. I’d like to share HDs that I have on my desktop with Windows 10 laptop. But I am unable to do it because when I see the HD on the laptop in my network and click on it, a message shows up saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your user account doesnt have permission to access

2. user account doesnt have permission to access drive

3. your user account doesnt have permission

4. your user account doesnt have permission to access \\MYBOOKLIVE\IPC$,
  5. your user account doesnt have permission to access windows 10,
  6. your user account doesnt have access,
  7. my user account doesnt have permission to access share,
  8. user account does nothave permission to access share,
  9. youre account doesnt have permission to stream,
  10. your account doesnt have a password,
  11. your user account doesnt have permission to access \\mybooklive\public,