Windows 10: Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One

Discus and support Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting a notification in Windows 10: [ATTACH] My password has not changed and in fact, I use it to log in to this instance. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mike-EEE, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Mike-EEE Win User

Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One

I keep getting a notification in Windows 10:

Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One 0ada0236-b03d-47a5-ac6e-380ebef46348?upload=true.png

My password has not changed and in fact, I use it to log in to this instance.

Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One 732fb303-e900-4878-a311-2306443c115e?upload=true.png

Have I been hacked? Why do I have to keep fixing my account? I am logged in and am providing my password to get access to the instance.

:)

Mike-EEE, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Zyxian Win User
    Shared Experience

Vanessa,

I don't want to sign in. That is the point. I use a local account on my computer. I shouldn't have to log in to tell it not to use Shared Experience. Shared Experience is not looking at the setting that it is off.

I've just been ignoring it. Looking at it as another update fail.

Zyxian, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One

Shared Experience

Hello Zyxian,

If Shared Experience was turned off and still the message keeps coming up without you signing in to your Microsoft account, we recommend that you sign in to your account; turn it off, then check if the issue persists. If the issue persists, kindly roll back
    to the previous build. It will be best if you check the OS build by following the steps below.

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & History, under Update status, select Update history.
    • Check the OS Build; then look for the parallel OS Build to install
      here
    • Reinstall Creators Update.

Observe if the same scenario persists.

Let us know if the solution works.

Vanessa Oca, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One

1. Shared Experiences: Keeping Getting Prompted for Password Even Though I Sign In With One - Similar Threads - Shared Experiences Keeping

2. I keep getting "Sign In To Comment" box even though I'm already signed in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting "Sign In To Comment" box even though I'm already signed in.: I keep getting the "Sign In To Comment Box" even though I already signed in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-sign-in-to-comment-box-even-though/12fc82b7-b5a8-4e4c-9b0e-b329e1765d84
  3. I keep getting "Sign In To Comment" box even though I'm already signed in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting "Sign In To Comment" box even though I'm already signed in.: I keep getting the "Sign In To Comment Box" even though I already signed in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-sign-in-to-comment-box-even-though/12fc82b7-b5a8-4e4c-9b0e-b329e1765d84
  4. Shared experience keeps looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared experience keeps looping: Hi, Shared experience keeps looping when clicking the fix now button... this has stopped outlook and teams from working Please can you advise on a fix? I have turned shared experience on and off still nothing works.Thank you...
  5. Shared experience keeps looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared experience keeps looping: Hi, Shared experience keeps looping when clicking the fix now button... this has stopped outlook and teams from working Please can you advise on a fix? I have turned shared experience on and off still nothing works.Thank you...
  6. Shared experience keeps looping

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  8. Why do I keep getting prompted to setup a sign in password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I keep getting prompted to setup a sign in password?: Every few weeks I get forced to sign in to use my computer and am forced to enter a PIN to continue. I have disabled this multiple times, I have searched for every possible way to do this and it still comes back every few weeks. I don't need a log in on my computer that is in...
  9. I keep getting prompt to log in into Microsoft family even though I've already logged in

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep getting prompt to log in into Microsoft family even though I've already logged in: This has been an issue for me recently. I've not taken any recent action that could possibly result in this. I thought I could get rid of this simply by logging in because I always log in into everything for convenience sake, but ehh, it will appear again afterwards....
  10. whole onedrive seen even though shared one folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whole onedrive seen even though shared one folder: i created a photo album to share with three family members, but it seems they can get access to my whole Onedrive, including files. How do i do it correctly such that they can only see and access that one photo album?...