Windows 10: Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed

Discus and support Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have looked at numerous threads on this topic and none of the fixes suggested has worked. Every now and then as in every second day when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rebecca_HamiltonBSSVA, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed

Hi there,

I have looked at numerous threads on this topic and none of the fixes suggested has worked. Every now and then as in every second day when I flash up my computer and start working, I get the shared experiences error message about my Work and School accounts needing fixing. So I click on the message and it brings me to the shared experience page see below image:

Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed 5a5881c5-2d6f-4b72-acd5-07501b78f0da?upload=true.jpg

I click on the Fix now button and a popup occurs asking me for my login credentials, which I put in and it looks like it is thinking for a few seconds. The same popup occurs asking me again to put my login credentials and nothing occurs other than another popup asking the same thing. I have tried logging in to my web browser but my account has nothing interactive on it to help me resolve any problems. Yet the message keeps on popping up every second day I turn my computer. This is extremely annoying and I if I don't catch my self following the white rabbit I end up going down the rabbit hole after him wasting my time trying to sort this issue out myself when I could be working or doing my uni work.

To answer any questions about what I have done:

Yes I am logged into my software

Yes I have the shared experiences turned on and I have turned it off to see if it makes a difference

My computer is up to date with software and rolling back software does not work.

Please fix this extremely annoying problem, I am a paying customer and expect better.

Rebecca

:)

Rebecca_HamiltonBSSVA, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 8, 2019
  3. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Zyxian Win User

Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed

Shared Experience

Vanessa,

I don't want to sign in. That is the point. I use a local account on my computer. I shouldn't have to log in to tell it not to use Shared Experience. Shared Experience is not looking at the setting that it is off.

I've just been ignoring it. Looking at it as another update fail.

Zyxian, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed

1. Shared Experiences - Work and School accounts need to be fixed - Similar Threads - Shared Experiences School

2. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  3. Fix "Work or School account problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix "Work or School account problem": Hi,I have a notification on my Personal PC asking me to "Fix Work or School account problem".I previously linked my University account to my PC but I have finished university so my uni account has been deactivated.Ideally I'd like to unlink my uni account from my PC but when...
  4. Shared Account Experiences Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Account Experiences Error: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.So when I booted up my pc, I got the Shared Experiences error and it took me to the Shared Experiences page for some reason.It hasn't happened before and when I clicked Fix Now it said I needed to add a phone number.Has there been any...
  5. Shared Account Experiences Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Account Experiences Error: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.So when I booted up my pc, I got the Shared Experiences error and it took me to the Shared Experiences page for some reason.It hasn't happened before and when I clicked Fix Now it said I needed to add a phone number.Has there been any...
  6. Cannot Clear "Fix Your Account" In Shared Experiences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Clear "Fix Your Account" In Shared Experiences: I have a high-level user who continually gets prompts that there's something wrong with his account and it needs to be fixed. The "Fix your account" prompt is always present under "Shared experiences". He has a full Office 365 E-3 license, but I've also noticed that he has...
  7. Work or school account problem - No 'Fix Now' button in Shared Experience Settings AND...

Work or school account problem - No 'Fix Now' button in Shared Experience Settings AND...: Notes on issue:Notification pops-up daily.In Shared Experiences, I do not have a FIX NOW button -- it says all accounts are working correctly. I have sharing disabled here as well.For good measure I have signed out/disconnected from my work/school account and signed back but...
  8. Shared Experiences Account Error

Shared Experiences Account Error: I am getting a message that says there is an issue with my shared experiences that needs to be fixed. [ATTACH] I click it it brings me here. [ATTACH] I click the fix now and then this... [ATTACH] This screen blinks in and out going back to the blank one above......
  9. Microsoft Account Problem - Shared Experience Doesn't Fix It

Microsoft Account Problem - Shared Experience Doesn't Fix It: Can't get the stupid popup to go away no matter what crackpot advice I follow, even from microsoft itself. Fix the bug, I cannot use a local account otherwise I am unable to do anything without having to log back in to the microsoft acount adding anything, apps, games...
  10. What is Microsoft account needed to be fixed with setting of shared experience

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Microsoft account needed to be fixed with setting of shared experience: I got this message on computer (translation from Japanese) "Problem with Microsoft account, you need to fix your Microsoft account, please correct it with setting of shared experience". What it is and is it real or spam? If it is real then what I am suppose to do? Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. work or school account problem shared experiences

2. windows shared experiences work account fix