Windows 10: Shared File Icon

Discus and support Shared File Icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So There Comes An Small Logo In Lower Left Corner Of An File if we share It. I want to remove it but over the internet, I am Unable to Find a way to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AjmerAhlawat, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Shared File Icon

So There Comes An Small Logo In Lower Left Corner Of An File if we share It. I want to remove it but over the internet, I am Unable to Find a way to do so. Meanwhile, I tried many things including the modification of root icons file "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imageres.dll" -164 and replaced it with a black ICO and it worked but I am used To making fresh Installation in every 2-3 months and I can't replace the files every time so I need a Solution With Which I can Disable The Mini Shared Icon in just a click or two. As there is a way to remove the shortcut arrow from shortcut files [https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-rid-shortcut-arrows-windows-10] there must be a way to remove this also. Please Suggest Something like Registry editing or a third Party Application with which I can Do This kind of stuff without messing with Windows Files in %Windir%. Get the solution to my problem Microsoft!

:)

AjmerAhlawat, Jul 18, 2020

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Shared File Icon

shared icons

Hello Will, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

If you share a file or a folder, then the shared icon shows up. However, if you haven’t shared these folders, I recommend that you follow the steps below:

- Go to the Search bar to open Computer Management.

- Go to System Tools on the left pane, then Shared Folders > Shares.

- You will find a list of shared folders on the right panel.

- Right click on the folders which you want to stop from sharing and choose Stop Sharing.

- Be careful and not to make changes with folders with dollar symbol, because they are default shares of Windows folder.

If you need further information, refer to the support article: ‘Changes to file sharing over a network in Windows 10’, the section ‘How do I stop sharing files or folders’.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/409269...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Shared File Icon

1. Shared File Icon - Similar Threads - Shared File Icon

2. Shortcut/File Icon indicates sharing, but Properties shows not sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut/File Icon indicates sharing, but Properties shows not sharing: All my shortcut and file icons on the Windows 10 desktop, have 2 tiny people in the lower left corner of the icon. I checked the file properties and the sharing box is unchecked. How do I fix this as it is annoying....
  3. Shortcut/File Icon indicates sharing, but Properties shows not sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut/File Icon indicates sharing, but Properties shows not sharing: All my shortcut and file icons on the Windows 10 desktop, have 2 tiny people in the lower left corner of the icon. I checked the file properties and the sharing box is unchecked. How do I fix this as it is annoying....
  4. Shortcut/File Icon indicates sharing, but Properties shows not sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...

little icon next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon"...: as the title says,the little icons next to files on desktop changing from "shortcut icon" to "file share icon" then even changed to a picture I have saved on my desktop?ThanksEmma...
  6. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared: I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared...
  7. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared: I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared...
  8. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

9. Share icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share icon: On Microsoft edge, how do I remove names of people that I used to email that are listed under the Share icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-icon/4415fe65-755f-4670-819a-fa1a82c76489
  10. shared icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    shared icons: I found two shared icons on my desktop folders. But I haven’t shared them. So it is a security issue. Am I right? Is there a fix? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-icons/9c1ad590-bd22-4e65-b714-80f767842e60