Windows 10: Shared Folder Security: Permissions

Discus and support Shared Folder Security: Permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I have shared my local disk in Network Sharing Center and in that disk there is folder containing my private files and I don't want other network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Senath Bandaranayake, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Shared Folder Security: Permissions

So, I have shared my local disk in Network Sharing Center and in that disk there is folder containing my private files and I don't want other network users accessing them. So I tried to deny access by going to Properties>Advanced Sharing>Permissions but I cannot see any of the network users in the "Group or user names" tab. And I went to Add>Advanced>Find Now but I tried to search for a specific user not local but I cannot find them. And I only have my PC name in the location tab. How do I add a user not local and restrict permissions? I have their account names and passwords.

:)

Senath Bandaranayake, Aug 26, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

vistas sharing permissions... help needed

First make sure "Use Sharing Wizard" is disabled under Folder Options.

Then when you setup the share, set the permissions on the sharing tab, but also you have to set the permissions on the security tab.

newtekie1, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Shared folder won't give permissions

Hi Joseph,

To troubleshoot your concern with shared folder permission, perform these steps on your laptop:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Under System and Security, click Network and Internet.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Advanced sharing settings and turn on Public folder sharing.

Shared Folder Security: Permissions 998ca9aa-7151-4a6a-93de-b7f7c6140237.png

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Shared Folder Security: Permissions

Windows 10 - Homegroup - Cannot share Folders or files + Error 0x80004005 (renaming of folders)

Thanks for getting back, Sanjiv. It seems that the users were not configured to have full control of those folders you want to share. We suggest going into the Advanced settings of your File Explorer and adjust the permissions. Follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Locate the folder you want to have full access.
    • Right-click it and select Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Edit to change the permissions.

Once done, try sharing the folders again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Shared Folder Security: Permissions

1. Shared Folder Security: Permissions - Similar Threads - Shared Folder Security

2. set permission in shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set permission in shared folder: Hi pls.I have trouble with set permisiion in the home directory. Home directory is shared folder in Windows 2019 server. I am user with full access to directory. I can create folder, but if I try set permission, the explorer return error Cannot enumerate object in container ,...
  3. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission-level access to my shared files for example I want computer A to have read-only permission and computer B to have read and write permission, what should I do?...
  4. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission level access to my shared files, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-folder-sharing-permission/3642e982-0e8f-4f87-ac6d-54258b8b1ae7
  5. File and folder sharing permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and folder sharing permission.: I have a computer network LAN, and I want the computers across my network to have different permission level access to my shared files, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-and-folder-sharing-permission/3642e982-0e8f-4f87-ac6d-54258b8b1ae7
  6. Shared folder permissions

Shared folder permissions: Hi,I use a laptop with a Microsoft Account like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and so does a friend of mine. I have a local folder folder that I wish to share and give him modify permission we both use to use the same local network. When wanting to add him to...
  7. Shared folder permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared folder permissions: Hi,I use a laptop with a Microsoft Account like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and so does a friend of mine. I have a local folder folder that I wish to share and give him modify permission we both use to use the same local network. When wanting to add him to...
  8. Shared folder permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Share Folder Permission

Share Folder Permission: Hi, Here is my scenario. I used one of my computers to act as the main server with a shared folder available "everyone". I did connect 2 more work stations with the Administration account and I was able to map the shared folder easily. however, my company required to add...
  10. Shared folder permission problem

Shared folder permission problem: I have 3 PCs on my Windows 10 home network (2 wired desktops running Win10 Pro and a wireless laptop running Win10 Home). All are on the same Workgroup, and I log into all of them with the same Microsoft account, verified on all machines. I have shared some folders on PC...