Windows 10: Shared folders don't work with Windows 10

Discus and support Shared folders don't work with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I avoided Windows 10 for very long out of obvious reasons, but now I had to change because my hardware isn't supported anymore. I run two PCs, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DivineLight, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Shared folders don't work with Windows 10

I avoided Windows 10 for very long out of obvious reasons, but now I had to change because my hardware isn't supported anymore. I run two PCs, one serves as a NAS. Both have the same Windows 10 1809 version installed. Before I had 8.1, which always worked flawlessly, beside of not having Ryzen chipset drivers. Hardware:

• PC 1: B350 chipset, Ryzen 1700, Realtek GbE LAN
    • PC 2: X470 chipset, Ryzen 2700X, Intel GbE LAN
    • Router: Telekom Speedport Hybrid

Shared folders don't work with Windows 10 [​IMG]

This happens now. All the background services are activated, the PCs can see each other but not access. Windows 10 seems to be a real step back.

Is there a solution to get home network groups working again, maybe through a third party solution or hack?

:)

DivineLight, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work

Valeriu, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Shared folders don't work with Windows 10

Windows 10 shared folders not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to run the shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Shared Folders troubleshooter.
    And also refer the article below and check if it helps.

Share files and folders.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/share-files-folders

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Shared folders don't work with Windows 10

1. Shared folders don't work with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shared folders don't

2. Windows 10 - Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Shared Folder: Me - a very seasoned IT veteran with 2 decades of PC experience in a company environmentDesktopWindows 10Yesterday cloned existing HDD to new SDDAll worked 100% as I expect with a clone that i've done 100s ofThe problem - A shared folder on this drive, that was working before...
  3. Windows 10 - Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Shared Folder: Me - a very seasoned IT veteran with 2 decades of PC experience in a company environmentDesktopWindows 10Yesterday cloned existing HDD to new SDDAll worked 100% as I expect with a clone that i've done 100s ofThe problem - A shared folder on this drive, that was working before...
  4. Windows 10 - Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Shared Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shared Folders: Hello,We've been using network shared folders in our small office no server on-site. However, for the last couple of weeks, the folders get disconnected and the Windows keeps asking for a password but it does not take. The only way to get them back is to disconnect and...
  6. Windows 10 Shared Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Shared Folders: Hello,We've been using network shared folders in our small office no server on-site. However, for the last couple of weeks, the folders get disconnected and the Windows keeps asking for a password but it does not take. The only way to get them back is to disconnect and...
  7. Windows 10 Shared Folders

8. Folder sharing in windows 10

Folder sharing in windows 10: Hi I'd like to share just my pictures folder over my local network of two PCs. However if I share the pictures folder all users on the PC become shared along with all their sub folders. I must admit I've been tinkering trying to get this right so maybe the settings...
  9. Windows 10 folder sharing

Windows 10 folder sharing: I've just replaced my old Windows 7 laptop with a Widows 10 laptop and am trying to share folders on a Windows 10 desktop with the laptop, and vice versa. I've searched both online and on Microsoft.com for instructions on how to share folders and have tried many different...
  10. WINDOWS 10 folder sharing

WINDOWS 10 folder sharing: I have Windows 10 installed on my PC and i am coming from windows XP. On windows xp i was able to setup folders as shared folders that did not require a password or any other authentication. This allowed me to share folders via my kodi (android tv box). I am having nothing...