Windows 10: Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Discus and support Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregCEvans, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine

I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices.

Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices declaring the folders empty.

Have checked settings and permissions but nothing has worked, so far.

:)

GregCEvans, Aug 10, 2020
  2. B. Parker Win User

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person.

I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices.

I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files are visible in my account, on all my devices, but on their side, the Folder remains empty.

Did I miss a step?

P.S. - both of us are running Win10Pro with all the updates installed.

B. Parker, Aug 10, 2020
  3. membergd Win User
    Shared folders not visible on other devices

Hi, I am running Windows 10 and trying to set up a network so that I can transfer photos from an android phone onto my laptop hard drive for back up. I've been using an app to do this and it has worked in the past brilliantly (called "Sweet Home" if interested). Unfortunately since upgrading to Windows 10 and changing my phone it doesn't work. I have also been trying to test the network using ES File Explorer. I have tried setting this up on another laptop running Windows 8 and it works no problem, so the issue must be with my settings.

I have set up a home group, made sure everything is shared where it should be and permissions set so that the network should be visible to everyone, but the android device can't see the network at all. For reference when setting up the network I followed the step by step in the link below on the Windows 8 laptop and it worked.
    http://www.theandroidsoul.com/connec...windows-65379/

One strange point that I think might be related on the Windows 10 laptop, is when I get to Step 2 (of the link above) under "How to enable sharing on Windows?" the "Share" button is greyed out, even when the folder is not shared. I have to share it by clicking the "Advanced Sharing" button instead.

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me insane!

membergd, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the Explorer however, only some of my shared folders are visible. And I cannot access the other folders from other computers in my network. To make it even more frustrating, on the same external hdd some folders may be accessed in the Homegroup, and others not, even though I have gone through the exactly same motions with all these folders when sharing them. I would appreciate any and all suggestions and help to solve this problem!

John of Leiden, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

1. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible - Similar Threads - Shared Folders visible

2. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  3. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not Visible in Downloads Folder: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have not been able to see any files in my Downloads folder through an explorer window, both through the 'Downloads' shortcut and through C:\Users\username\Downloads. The Downloads 'shortcut' points to the correct folder, and the same issue is...
  4. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not Visible in Downloads Folder: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have not been able to see any files in my Downloads folder through an explorer window, both through the 'Downloads' shortcut and through C:\Users\username\Downloads. The Downloads 'shortcut' points to the correct folder, and the same issue is...
  5. All files/folders not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files/folders not visible: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. I am using an external drive of 2TB with three partitions there. One partition has one folder where I keep all my DSLR photos. I have approx 20,630 files and few folders inside but when going inside this folder, it shows me...
  6. Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup: The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the...
  7. Network shares no longer visible in Explorer

Network shares no longer visible in Explorer: I have two machines: a laptop (Zebedee) and a desktop (Dougal). A couple of days ago I found that the network shares from both machines were no longer visible in Explorer on either machine. I noticed this after Zebedee (but not Dougal) had been upgraded to Windows 10 version...
  8. Shared folders not visible on other devices

Shared folders not visible on other devices: Hi, I am running Windows 10 and trying to set up a network so that I can transfer photos from an android phone onto my laptop hard drive for back up. I've been using an app to do this and it has worked in the past brilliantly (called "Sweet Home" if interested). Unfortunately...
  9. SAMBA share visible in Explorer, but cannot accress

SAMBA share visible in Explorer, but cannot accress: I have SAMBA shares on a debian server. I can see the shares in Explorer. When I doubble click I am asked for credentials, but when I enter the correct (more than double and triple checked) credentials I get an error indicating that the error is due multiple connections....
  10. Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer

Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer: Hi,I know that there have been similar posts with similar issues. I have read the more but they are not exactly the same and I have tried some of the solutions posted but they have not worked.I have a desktop computer and a surface pro. The problem is with the desktop...