Windows 10: Shared Gpu Memory help

Discus and support Shared Gpu Memory help in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a intel i7700k and nvidia 1070 my issue it the intel graphics shared memory is 15 gb i use intel graphics for second montior but i have it set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tzfrantic, Nov 15, 2019.

1. tzfrantic Win User

Shared Gpu Memory help

I have a intel i7700k and nvidia 1070 my issue it the intel graphics shared memory is 15 gb i use intel graphics for second montior but i have it set in bios to only use 256 mb but why is windows telling me there is 15 gb shared how can i reduce this.
    Running windows 10 1901

:)

tzfrantic, Nov 15, 2019
  2. And8717 Win User

System Shared Memory

Hi,

I have this issue:

I installed a new GPU on my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) and after that my System information has changed so..

Before:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB

After:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB (7.95 GB usable)

Now I have 2 questions:

• is possible decrease or disable the Shared System Memory? (I can't from bios)
    • in my video card info the Shared System Memory amounts to 4070 MB where are the others 4 GB of my RAM..
      why only 7.95 GB usable an not 12 GB?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

And8717, Nov 15, 2019
  3. too much shared memory with the gpu

When I play a game I use MSI afterburner and the VRAM is never exceeded by any game. I have a GTX 1060 3GB card and it seems to be working fine as expected.

The shared memory in the GPU tab is more of a question of how 1809 manages the hardware versus previous versions of Windows.

My Intel 660p SSD is 512GB not 512PB

HARDCORE GAMES™, Nov 15, 2019
  4. LA117 Win User

Shared Gpu Memory help

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Shared Gpu Memory help

1. Shared Gpu Memory help - Similar Threads - Shared Gpu Memory

2. How to turn off the Shared GPU memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the Shared GPU memory: I am having trouble playing videos of 4K 60fps and above on my Windows 11 computer. I have a graphics card of Nvidia 1060-3 GB variant with 3GB of dedicated memory and 64GB of system RAM. I have checked the drivers and they are up to date. The video player I am using is...
  3. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  4. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  5. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared gpu memory: I went to task manager and went to the GPU section i saw 0.2 / 2.0 GPU memory does that mean that's the amount of Video Ram I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-gpu-memory/1f30346c-0e44-4ad3-84be-e34591376985
  7. Shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared gpu memory: I went to task manager and went to the GPU section i saw 0.2 / 2.0 GPU memory does that mean that's the amount of Video Ram I have? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-gpu-memory/1f30346c-0e44-4ad3-84be-e34591376985
  8. Shared gpu memory

9. to increase shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to increase shared gpu memory: I really want your help in this question rapidly laptop : dell inspiron 15 3576 win 10 pro cpu : i7-8550u ram : 8 gb 2nd gpu : amd radeon 520 my problem is that I am playing a gme requiring high...
  10. too much shared memory with the gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much shared memory with the gpu: I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card. Bad enough the swap file eats up more of my SSD but this seems to be excessive at allocating 12 GB of shared memory. That is 50% of all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shared system memory gpu