Windows 10: Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive

Discus and support Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As soon as internet connection is shared to network bridge, receive is slowed down by 70-90MB/s and send is unaffected. unsahred: [img] shared:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kit, Jan 6, 2021.

1. KIT
    kit Win User

Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive

As soon as internet connection is shared to network bridge, receive is slowed down by 70-90MB/s and send is unaffected.

unsahred:

Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive [​IMG]

shared:

Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive [​IMG]

This is from 1809. On 20h2 its 10-20MB/s faster. Oldest and latest drivers for eths.

How does this make sense?

:)

2. AshAlwis Win User

Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge

Hi all,

My requirement: Share WiFi internet on my laptop to my desktop via Ethernet cable (both Windows 10).

Current method: Network Bridge in Win 10.

Problem: I can get internet access on desktop via above method but after a random time period, the WiFi adapter on laptop gets disabled and in turn, both computers lose internet access.

Temporary solution: I have to restart the laptop and manually reconnect to the WiFi in order to restore internet access on both computers.

Steps I followed to setup the Network Bridge:

– Connect laptop to WiFi

– Connect desktop to laptop via Ethernet cable

– Select Ethernet and WiFi adapter on laptop and create Network Bridge

– After bridge is created, the WiFi connection drops so I just have to manually reconnect to WiFi (internet access re-gained on laptop now)

– The desktop does not automatically get internet so I have to use "Troubleshoot problems". It detects DHCP is disabled and gives me option to enable it as ADMIN. After selecting yes, desktop will get internet
    access

– Internet works perfectly on laptop and desktop until both devices lose internet access when laptop WiFi gets disabled automatically. This could happen randomly within 10 minutes or even after an hour (no specific
    timer)

I've disabled the "turn off WiFi adapter when idle to save power" feature but it made no difference.

I used this method an year ago and internet worked perfectly for online gaming. It would never dropout or very rarely.

But over the past many months, its gotten worse and usually drops out in less than 30 minutes. Yesterday it lasted around 50 minutes

No issues at all while the laptop is connected only to the WiFi (bridge deleted). I've left it idle for hours.

I have gone through many threads/forums but couldn't find a solution to maintain a stable internet connection while using Network Bridge.

Please advise if my Network Bridge is missing adequate configuration or how to correctly set it up for this purpose.

You may suggest alternate solutions on how to share internet over Ethernet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

AshAlwis, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive

Network bridge doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hi ZachErnesti,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing. Could you kindly try these steps?

1. Open Internet settings, view network connections, click Change adapter options

2. Right-click on one adapter, go to properties. Go to the Sharing tab and disable network sharing if it is enabled

3. Close the properties window, then select the two adapters you wish to bridge

4. Right-click and make a network bridge between the two

5. Select the network bridge and disable it

6. Delete the network bridge.

7. Right-click the adapter from step 2, click Properties. Go to the Sharing tab and enable sharing again, making sure both boxes are checked

8. Go to the settings tab, make sure all of the boxes are checked except for "Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol"

9. Try re-creating your bridge now

Can you kindly let me know how you get on?

Regards,

David W

David_M_Williams, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive

1. Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive - Similar Threads - Shared internet network

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  4. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet slows down

Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  6. No Internet, Shared Network

No Internet, Shared Network: I was editing the Sharing tab of my NordVPN Tap and clicked Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection, I then selected Wi-Fi as my Home networking connection. This caused a no internet bug so I restarted. On a different computer I...
  7. Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge

Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge: Hi all, My requirement: Share WiFi internet on my laptop to my desktop via Ethernet cable both Windows 10. Current method: Network Bridge in Win 10. Problem: I can get internet access on desktop via above method but after a random time period, the WiFi adapter on...
  8. How to bridge "Remote NDIS based internet sharing (android)"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to bridge "Remote NDIS based internet sharing (android)"?: Hi, My neighbor is sharing wifi internet with me, but I have to connect through Android because the signal is too weak inside my home. So Android is next to the window, tethered to Windows 10. This works fine. But I'd like to bridge that connection to my LAN NIC so other...
  9. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  10. Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge

Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge: Hi I have a server that I has a shared drive I would like to access on my PC. I have my server and my PC connected to the same router by Ethernet, but this router does not have internet access. My PC is also connected to a router with internet access via a WiFi adapter. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bridged connection slow