Windows 10: Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights

Discus and support Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Soooo frustrating, please help. My husband is the "owner" of the laptop and he has given me full access / permissions as an Administrator. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoriShamrock, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights

Soooo frustrating, please help. My husband is the "owner" of the laptop and he has given me full access / permissions as an Administrator. However, when I try to save a file to the C: > Program Files x86 > it tells me to contact my Admin for permissions. I have checked all of the steps that I have found here on the community, but it still isn't working.

:)

LoriShamrock, Mar 20, 2021

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights

1. Shared laptop can't download to Program Files, but I am an Admin with full rights - Similar Threads - Shared laptop can't

2. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  3. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  4. Program somehow made a file that requires admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program somehow made a file that requires admin rights: I was installing a program on my account. It didn't ask for administrator privileges or anything. But when I went to install it, it was a portable app, one single file stuck around, that I somehow needed to put in the admin password to delete. I don't want to ask the admin of...
  5. Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't get the admin rights in newly bought laptop: I had bought a new laptopWindows 10 and set it up by making a new microsoft account. However, I forgot the password to the account. Thus, I went to settings and logged in using local account. Then I made a new microsoft account, logged in and set it up as the admin. I had...
  6. Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!: Before I screw up my freshly installed win 10 pro.. In computer management, local user and groups.. User is member of users. My admin account is member of administrators and users. If I remove "users" from my admin account, does that mean that programs that user install...
  7. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  8. Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run some Programs on Program Files without Admin rights: Hi, Recent days, my pc cannot run some programs: - SQL Server Management Studio [ATTACH] - Visual Studio cannot Publish websites with FTP publishing mode - Logitech Gaming Software - lgcore.exe cannot run at start up. To fix it, I have to set combability mode of exe...
  9. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!: When I logged on to my computer I went to go run task manager for something and nothing happened. I thought it was weird so I tried to run device manager so see if that would launch and still nothing. I then began to launch other programs and those all ran normally but when...
  10. Blocked programs and not full administrator rights?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked programs and not full administrator rights?: So both me and my friend upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, at first everything was going fine the OS worked perfectly and it felt very fluid however when we attempted to install or play certain games/programs we encountered that we were no longer able to control whether...