Windows 10: shared network drive

Discus and support shared network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 and have set up my home private network. Why do I have to keep doing a network reset on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Smook, Feb 3, 2019.

1. shared network drive

I am using Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 and have set up my home private network.

Why do I have to keep doing a network reset on my main computer in order for my notebook to be able to connect to my shared usb drive?

:)

Jack Smook, Feb 3, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 3, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

shared network drive

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

shared network drive

1. shared network drive - Similar Threads - shared network drive

2. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  3. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  4. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  6. Network parameters for advanced share on network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network parameters for advanced share on network drives: I have an unknown problem on one of my FIVE PC's connected to the same LAN.One of them the most used Main PC gets its NETWORK DISCOVERY DESACTIVATED and auto network device configuration.I tried a certain time to work in private network mode not recommanded for the firewall...
  7. Share drive on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share drive on network: The Windows 10 installation on a new Dell XPS is configured without the Everyone user for the C:\ object in the Security tab. So I can't share the drive. I can share folders, no problem. I tried adding Everyone, but got a series of errors related to in use files and...
  8. Sharing Drives on a network server

Sharing Drives on a network server: I have setup a wireless networking server and all pc have access to the server C: drive But I don't want this as i have 5 other drives on the server and these are the ones I require all the PC to have access to they can see them but can not save to them. Please advise how I...
  9. Shared Network Drive

Shared Network Drive: I can no longer access my shred network drive. When I try to reconnect my other machine ask for credentials. Both machine use my one Microsoft account. I did not have this problem until a few days ago. Up until then it had been working fine. What is causing this problem and...
  10. Network drive sharing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network drive sharing issues: Encountering "The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different username and password" when trying to access my HTPC's shared HDD. However, I can connect to its shared SSD with a few minor issues (unable to access Program Files and similar). Both drives have...