Windows 10: shared network drive

Discus and support shared network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 and have set up my home private network. Why do I have to keep doing a network reset on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Smook, Feb 3, 2019.

1. shared network drive

I am using Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 and have set up my home private network.

Why do I have to keep doing a network reset on my main computer in order for my notebook to be able to connect to my shared usb drive?

:)

Jack Smook, Feb 3, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 3, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

shared network drive

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

shared network drive

1. shared network drive - Similar Threads - shared network drive

2. Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Network Drive: I can no longer access my shred network drive. When I try to reconnect my other machine ask for credentials. Both machine use my one Microsoft account. I did not have this problem until a few days ago. Up until then it had been working fine. What is causing this problem and...
  3. Can't connect to work shared network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to work shared network drive: Hi guys, I'm trying to connect to the shared network drive so I can work from home, however I'm having a hard time doing so. I keep getting an error stating Windows cannot access .... Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there may be a problem with your network. This...
  4. Network drive sharing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network drive sharing issues: Encountering "The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different username and password" when trying to access my HTPC's shared HDD. However, I can connect to its shared SSD with a few minor issues (unable to access Program Files and similar). Both drives have...
  5. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  6. Network Drive shared folder inconsistency

Network Drive shared folder inconsistency: Hi MS Community, I'm totally new to Network Drive or any kind of sharing drive world, I have a lot of questions to ask but here I want to be specific. So, some IT guy set up a network drive for my company and there're a crash few weeks ago. After restore from...
  7. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  8. How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?: How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work? Do I have to setup a vpn on windows 2012 server and connect to it from my laptop? Someone told me something about doing it that...
  9. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...
  10. Cannot map shared network drive

Cannot map shared network drive: I have just upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and have a problem with a shared network drive. Under Win7 and 8.1 I had no difficulty mapping this drive which is attached directly to my access point. However, since upgrade, I can log into the drive using a browser but cannot...