Windows 10: shared network printer...impossible windows 10

Discus and support shared network printer...impossible windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I've just bought a new computer with W10 64 home edition 20H2. I used to have my old pc also with W10 64, connect with a shared printer which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris 'Whizzer' Janes, Feb 26, 2021.

1. shared network printer...impossible windows 10

Hi. I've just bought a new computer with W10 64 home edition 20H2.

I used to have my old pc also with W10 64, connect with a shared printer which was usb connected to a W7 netbook with no problems at all.

Now I have my new pc with W10 64 20H2 19042.804.

I have my old pc with the same edition of windows W10 64 20H2 19042.804 which is physically connected to the printer, a HP Laserjet P 1102, and now it's impossible to connect over the network from my new pc to share the printer.

I have enabled file and printer sharing on both pc's, removed password protection changed various service settings to automatic start. And still nothing.

The new pc can't see on the network the old pc.

The old pc can see the new pc

When I go to 'Printers & scanners' and run the set up wizard it can't see the printer connected to my old pc.

The printer on my old pc is set to share in printer properties.

When I open network on my new pc it can see the media player on the old pc and it can see itself.

I'm also using the new pc as a server and the old pc as a client for a particular program with no trouble: apart from within that program from the new pc server it cannot see the printer attached to the client.

What I can't understand is how the new pc can sort of see the old pc, but not the printer. Has anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks for reading

Chris

:)

Chris 'Whizzer' Janes, Feb 26, 2021

2. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Printer Sharing Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want the printer to be shared on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the make and model of the printer?

To share the printer on the network, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Share your network printer
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 26, 2021
  4. RWOne Win User

shared network printer...impossible windows 10

Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Start with basics, on your system re-share it out to everyone, no password, etc.

On an aside, printer sharing is not modern networking (by a longshot).

if you had a network capable printer, you install the SW on both machines, and both have access, no need for the computer it is attached to to be on for the other to have access, and less headaches than sharing.

Review and follow these steps:

How To Share A USB Printer Over Your Network In Windows 10

RWOne, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

shared network printer...impossible windows 10

1. shared network printer...impossible windows 10 - Similar Threads - shared network printer

2. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  3. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  4. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  5. sharing a printer on network

sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  6. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  8. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  9. Network shared printers.

10. Printer sharing on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...