Windows 10: shared partition points to wrong space

Discus and support shared partition points to wrong space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently expanded a shared partition. Network does not recognize new size. Deleted and recreated partition and reset share settings and rebooted both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tugadaq1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. tugadaq1 Win User

shared partition points to wrong space

Recently expanded a shared partition. Network does not recognize new size. Deleted and recreated partition and reset share settings and rebooted both computers. Not only does the network not recognize the size, but it shows files that are not on the partition. If I add a file from the network, they do not show on the host and if I add a file to the host they do not show on the network. For a file added from the network, a search for the file comes up non-existent on all partitions of both computers but shows up as file on the host computer when looked at from the network. Host is Win 10 pro, client is win 7 pro.

:)

tugadaq1, Jul 10, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 10, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile shared partition points to wrong space :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free - manage and resize disk partitions (also for 64bit OS!)

or

EaseUS Partition Master - manage disk partitions (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Jul 10, 2019
  4. shared partition points to wrong space

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

shared partition points to wrong space partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

shared partition points to wrong space

1. shared partition points to wrong space - Similar Threads - shared partition points

2. Disk space on PC is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk space on PC is wrong: I have a laptop with 221 GB free space, however when i check disk space I only have 48.6 GB left despite barely having ANY apps installed on my computer.The ones I do have are NOT taking up that large amount of space either.I have always struggled with this and it is...
  3. Share points with the family is not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Share points with the family is not working: I want to share points with the family but there is no display for me to do soMicrosoftplease help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-points-with-the-family-is-not-working/52861944-688b-4264-ac17-2ee3475a9d0a
  4. Microsoft Sharing Points Not Working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Sharing Points Not Working: Hey, I’m trying to send points over to a family member and the option is completely gone but it says in text that I can share points when there’s no button to do so? I also heard many people are going through the same issue. What’s going on? Is the sending of points been...
  5. Disk Partition showing wrong space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Partition showing wrong space.: I have 292GB space in a disk partition Manual, not system. I have no backups and no malwares. Only 4.61GB is occupied by all files and hidden files combined. And the size on disk is 4.62 GB. What's the difference between this? In another partition the difference between size...
  6. EFI partition on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition on wrong drive: I have an SSD and an HDD. Windows is on the SSD but as you can see EFI and recovery partitions (there are two for some reason) are on the other drive. I'm not sure if it's always been like that but after dual booting with ubuntu probably had something to do with it. I've...
  7. Disk Space Wrong!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Space Wrong!: I tried to download a game today, after a Windows update, and I couldn't. Widows thinks my C: drive only has 26.2 GB from of 465 GB, when I should have 1TB. I don't know what to do. submitted by /u/Dark-Lark [link] [comments]...
  8. Marked the wrong partition as active

in Windows 10 Support
    Marked the wrong partition as active: While trying to solve a different problem i followed an article: You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive from Setup, 0xc1900104 In which i went into disk managment and marked a different partition as active which does not have an OS, how can i revert back to the other...
  9. My Partitions Are Horribly Wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Partitions Are Horribly Wrong: So I have had this computer for ever so I don't really know how this happened. I want to delete a partiton on my hard drive but in Disk Management it shows that the partition I want to delete has got system and is active. On the current partition I use also has Boot, Page...
  10. EFI Partitions on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI Partitions on wrong drive: Hi, After removing an SSD (W*Smile from my rig I discovered that my system would no longer boot and gave the error: NTDLL not found. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. I put the drive back and was able to boot. Attached is my disk management. I recently installed plugged...