Windows 10: Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device

Discus and support Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to share content over DLNA to my smart TV LG can see two other PCs in the house Windows 10/1909 and a Windows 7 but not my Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skrkos, Jan 19, 2020.

1. skrkos Win User

Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device

I'm trying to share content over DLNA to my smart TV LG can see two other PCs in the house Windows 10/1909 and a Windows 7 but not my Windows 10 Pro PC, also 1909. I can't see the TV on my computer either, as a media device or otherwise. I can only do so at startup, then it appears to disconnect after a short certain amount of time. I can see other smart TVs and devices connected on the network, but I can't see this TV permanently or cast to it, nor can it connect to my PC's media shares. I've been using Plex or Universal Media Server, which is just as spotty with broadcasting server shares. UMS in particular doesn't find my LG TV when the TV is off, but it will find other TVs in the house even when they're off.

I've turned the firewall on and off. I've tried enabling SMBv1, made sure UPnP, Function Discovery, and SSDP services are automatic and started. Workstation/Server/Computer Browser has been started/restarted, too. I've edited group policy to allow insecure authentication. I've done all the cmd tricks like winsock reset, but after reboot the problem goes away and comes back. Troubleshooter find nothing amiss with the adapter or drivers. I changed the network adapter, but the problem still persists it's USB connected to a desktop. I did an in-place upgrade, but the PC still disappears from the network intermittently, as does the PC's media server shares. Internet access has fine for the most part. Network discovery is on, media streaming is on, but they do turn off occasionally. Password protected sharing is off. When I go into Windows Media Player, both "Allow remote control of media" and "Automatically allow devices to play my media" are checked.

Sometimes I have the option to cast my PC screen to the TV and cast media directly to the TV, but usually I don't because the device doesn't stay connected to the PC. I've tried to remove the device and re-add the device, but either the device isn't found by the PC or it disconnects again shortly after.

Other things of note: I use a VPN and I've still been able to see the other smart TVs and other shared folders on the network, but the same deal. My TV just can't see my PC's shared content, but the TV can see the two other PCs. Likewise, my PC can't communicate well with the LG TV, but sees other TVs in the house in File Explorer and in other apps like UMS. The LG TV does connect to wifi and has no problem staying connected.

I'm considering trying another adapter, but other than that I'm not sure what else I could do. I wondered if it could just be the TV, but it does see the other PCs we have in the house and it does connect to wifi. The network router is upstairs, as are the other two PCs, while the problematic TV is downstairs and one room away from my PC. As always, I appreciate any and all advice.

:)

skrkos, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get PC recognized device (smart TV) onto PC's network?

In that case, then from the TV you should be able to see the PC as an available Media Server.

For a media file to be available in the Media Server as seen from the TV, it has to be listed in the Windows Media Player's Library. You can choose what will be made available for streaming in thw WMP, select Organise > Manage Llbraries...

Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device [​IMG]

3. flycaster Win User

Network in File Explorer only shows the desktop computer. However, when I go tto "add a device" in FEx, the TV is listed and has "not connected". Clicking on it only offers to remove it. Looks like the TV is not on the network, eh? I believe that I have correctly configured "Change advanced sharing settings" in "Network and Sharing," in preparation for adding the TV to the network. So now the root of my confusion is that although the TV is not networked, it still is seen when I go to add a device and I just don't know how to get it onto the network??? Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:

Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device [​IMG]

flycaster, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device

There are two ways to stream media (video, music, photos etc.) between a PC and a Smart TV. One is to set the PC up as a media server. Then from the TV remote control you can browse the network for media servers and request media from it.

The second (and IMHO the easiest) is to initiate the streaming from the PC. This requires no setting up (except, perhaps, on the TV to turn on DLNA in its setting menu). As Samuria said, you right-click on a video and select Cast to Device, as I do for my Panasonic Viera Smart TV.

Thema:

1. Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device - Similar Threads - Shared files can't

2. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  3. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  4. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  5. Can't share files over private network Windows 10

Can't share files over private network Windows 10: I have been having an intermittent problem sharing folders between two computers on my home private network. For the last 3 weekends, the connection between my two Windows 10 computers has been broken. In the past I was able to change the network sharing options to fix the...
  6. Pc doesn't recognize smart tv on network

Pc doesn't recognize smart tv on network: My desktop is connected to frontier internet. Phone line connects to netgear 7550 modem/router. Ethernet cable goes from 7550 modem to pc. My pc works fine, only slow because of poor frontier internet. Another ethernet cable goes from 7550 modem to lan input on panasonic...
  7. wireless tv not seen in media devices

wireless tv not seen in media devices: wireless Samsung tv not seen in media devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-tv-not-seen-in-media-devices/eb0e5f99-bb7c-4b80-992d-2442beb4adf5
  8. How to get PC recognized device (smart TV) onto PC's network?

How to get PC recognized device (smart TV) onto PC's network?: As I don't do these things often, I quickly forget how to do it. I have a new TV (LG OLED 55C8) that is working very well under wireless conditions. My smart TV is capable of connecting with my PC (Windows 10 Home, latest updates); however, I am having a problem getting the...
  9. Smart TV's can't access Networked shared drives from Windows

Smart TV's can't access Networked shared drives from Windows: Hi there I've a Panasonic and LG Tv's which have some built in apps for accessing a LAN and playing media They have no trouble accessing any HDD on a LINUX NAS - even external USB HDD's mounted on to the Linux NAS provided they are set up in SAMBA However when...
  10. Share my pc screen on LG smart tv

Share my pc screen on LG smart tv: Hello, i purchased device "AnyCast" and i connected him to my tv, one cable to hdmi and one cable to usb now i go to my pc (windows 10) and i found the device "webOS TV LF650Y" and added him now i goes to tv to hdmi 3 (where the device is connected) and its show me the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file server cant be seen by smart tv

2. lg oled slow mediaplayer from.pc

3. lg smart tv access share files on windows pc

4. lg tv not finding files shared from pc