Windows 10: Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?

Discus and support Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a friend with a small business at their home that does boat repairs. I'm trying to get a receipt printer set up on one Win10 desktop PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkstrike, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?

Hi all,

I have a friend with a small business at their home that does boat repairs. I'm trying to get a receipt printer set up on one Win10 desktop PC that is shared from another Win10 computer in his shop...it used to work fine, but when I try to connect to the share, I get a 'Cannot connect to printer' (I can't remember the exact phrasing) with error 0x000003e3. I can see and access the shared printer on the PC I want to set it up on, and it will prompt to install drivers from the other PC, but it fails with that error in the middle of driver installation. Not even sure why it prompts for drivers because the correct drivers are already installed on that PC where the receipt printer USED to work fine before anyway!

Anybody know what could be going on or how I could fix this? I've tried everything I can think of off the top of my head...

I've double and triple-checked everything I know to check; the share is set up correctly, the permissions are set up correctly, both accounts on both PCs are admin accounts (not that that necessarily matters), they're on the same network, 'File and Printer Sharing' is turned on on both PCs...I KNOW one PC is running Win10 version 2004 and the other I THINK is running that same version.

Thing is, he has a lot of printers (laser, vinyl, a cash drawer shared from one PC to another for his business software that gets set up as a printer, a label printer).....is there any way I may be able to get this working without having to re-setup all his other printers as well? (The cash drawer is a PITA as it has to be manually set up as a 'printer').

Thanks for any help! Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error? :)

:)

Darkstrike, Dec 12, 2020
  2. LiBRaINF Win User

Windows 10 1803 error 0x000003e3 when connect shared printer

Start last week, I facing issue that when I want to connect shared printer on another Windows 10 1803 then will pop up error 0x000003e3 during install driver from host. Please kindly help.

LiBRaINF, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Error 0x000003e3 when trying to install a shared printer (Server 2012 R2) from a Windows 10 (winver 1703) computer

Open a shared printer prompts for Install Driver, then failed with error message:

• Cannot connect to printer
    • The operation failed
    • Error message 0x000003e3

This issue seems to only occur on some of the Windows 10 hosts after recent Windows update. Other hosts succeed in same action. The host experiencing this issue seems to have difficulties connecting to all shared printers even from different Windows Servers
    (2012, 2012R2, 2016).

Removing entries under HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Print/Drivers/Version 3 does not resolve this issue.

However, adding same network printer using TCP/IP connection directly was successful.

WANG Kaiqi, Dec 12, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?

1. Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error? - Similar Threads - Shared Printer installation

2. printer shareing error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer shareing error: Dear team Microsoft,mohon bantuannya, windows kami tidak bisa shareing printer, berikut saya lampirkan gambar error dan versi windowsnya, terimakasih.Salam,Zarkoni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shareing-error/2ef3d78d-9677-48f7-a0ce-550ff8f64b11
  3. Shared Printer Installation Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared Printer Installation Errors: We have a small network setup - Five Windows 10 Pro systems, 1 Windows 2012 R2 server setup as a stand-alone server no Active Directory and five Lexmark forms printers each locally attached to one of the Windows 10 systems and shared out on the network. There is an...
  4. Network Shared Printer Installation Error

Network Shared Printer Installation Error: Win 10 on two computers. HP Color Laser Jet CP l1215 is on the desktop. I want to install it on the network Laptop. It indicates that it is installed in the control panel printer list, but when I try to print with it I get an error message that a problem occurred. The...
  5. Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Printer installation issue - 0x000003e3 error?: Hi all, I have a friend with a small business at their home that does boat repairs. I'm trying to get a receipt printer set up on one Win10 desktop PC that is shared from another Win10 computer in his shop...it used to work fine, but when I try to connect to the share, I get...
  6. Printer Sharing Issue

Printer Sharing Issue: A printer is connected to Computer 1 via USB cable. I have enabled printer sharing on that computer. That computer is connected to a wifi router via Ethernet. I want Computer 2 to use the printer. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. In the Network and Sharing...
  7. error 0x000003e3

error 0x000003e3: Hi, kindly, need your support to fix my issue when adding an Epson plq 20 printer in the Network, both machines are windows 10. The issue came up with after the windows 10 update, it has shown me this error: [ATTACH]...
  8. cannot connect to network printers, error 0x000003e3

cannot connect to network printers, error 0x000003e3: i have two printers connected to a PC via usb. PC is running win10 and both printers sharing status are enabled. no problem with network printing until yesterday. my laptop which is connected to network via wifi is now unable to print. i can see the printers from the laptop...
  9. Error with shared printer

Error with shared printer: I have Windows 10 1803. I saw an error 0x000003e3 when tried to connect a shared printer on another Windows 10 1803 during installing driver from host. Could you help me?...
  10. Citizen CT-S310ii printer on the local network (Error 0x000003e3)

Citizen CT-S310ii printer on the local network (Error 0x000003e3): Hello all, I've been having this issue for a bit now and can't seem to land on the correct method of fixing it. Also it's happening in multiple locations. The printer is connected via USB to one machine and shared, it can be located on the second PC but each time the...