Windows 10: shared printer lost as result of an update

Discus and support shared printer lost as result of an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the above happened as you and I mean you altered my home network to a business network Non of your troubleshooters suggested this as the reason and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldClarkson, Mar 6, 2019.

1. shared printer lost as result of an update

the above happened as you and I mean you altered my home network to a business network

Non of your troubleshooters suggested this as the reason and I suppose it will be said to be

a surprise. I spent considerable hair pulling time to get to the solution but must ask why you are

messing about with my internal settings ?

Or is it the first you've heard of it ?

Regards Don

:)

DonaldClarkson, Mar 6, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and inability to share USB-attached printer

Thank you for getting back, Rose. In that case, let's make sure that your printer is properly shared. Follow these steps:

1. Click the Windows key, type Devices and Printers in the search box, click it from the first results, then hit
      Enter.
    2. Right-click the printer you want to share with the network and click
      Printer properties
    3. In the Printer Properties, click the Sharing tab.
    4. Check the Share this printer option, then click Apply > OK.

Once this is done, try connecting to the printer again.

Please update this thread with the result.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

shared printer lost as result of an update

Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

shared printer lost as result of an update

1. shared printer lost as result of an update - Similar Threads - shared printer lost

2. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer sharing: So I have been having an issue for a while now with a label printer at a location that I work at. This label printer does not have an ethernet port on it so instead it is connected to one of the computers at the front desk and is shared across the network to the other...
  3. Printer sharing

Printer sharing: I have LQ 2190 shared printer after windows 10 update printer couldn't share the user "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denined" Please assist me to solve this issue....
  4. printer sharing

printer sharing: I'm trying to scan a doc to my computer via wi-fi sharing is on for the printer so i dont understand why it wont scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/91cd66e1-0262-4318-a2c3-c72d94dee774
  5. Printer lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer lost: Hi, Since the last upgrade KB4560960 my comp. doesn't find my printer , apparently I need to delete this upgrade & restart, I cannot find this to delete/uninstall anywhere, I have looked at the upgrade list which only gives download options. Please help. I keep getting the...
  6. Printer ,lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer ,lost: After last upgrade I have lost recognition of my printer by my computer. Apparently I have to delete KB4560960 upgrade & also KB4557957 if it has been loaded. I found how to do this but got stuck at Programs & Features which I do not have , can anyone suggest how I can get...
  7. printer sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printer sharing: i am unable to share drives and printers over network from win 10 pc to win 7 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-sharing/ebd345c9-6ab1-4b18-add1-9b1d0bfce2b1
  8. Printer sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer sharing: I have two PCs working in a Home Workgroup. When i upgraded both PCs to version 1803 i lost the ability to share the printer on PC2 with PC1. The PC1 printer could still be shared with PC2. I have struggled with this problem for several months, trying everything i could...
  9. Shared Printer

Shared Printer: With homegroup disappearing, I'm struggling to set up a shared USB printer between computers. I had previously set up a network through the wireless router, that allowed us to share the printer, but with the latest windows update, that no longer seems to work. Now when...
  10. Sharing a printer

Sharing a printer: I have a computer running windows 7 & 2 computers running windows 10 pro. At the moment one of the Windows 10 computers and the Windows 7 computer share the printer connected to the windows 10 computer via a homegroup. What I want to do is replace the Windows 10 computer...