Windows 10: Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users

Discus and support Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, So as the title suggests I have multiple laptops connected to a Private Network, along with the printers we're using. The printers aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chornitsar, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users

Hey there,

So as the title suggests I have multiple laptops connected to a Private Network, along with the printers we're using. The printers aren't shared, they're accessed separately by each individual laptop.
    What I'm trying to accomplish is to have my laptop share all the printers with each user (I'm able to do this already) while having the source laptops request to the printer come on my Event Viewer log.
    As it is now, when I share a printer with another laptop and that laptop makes a print request, it goes through my personal laptop and pops up in the Event Viewer as if I made the request for a print job my self.
    I would like to be able to log all the print jobs sent to each printer (4 in total) in order to have a count of our much we're printing/paper we're using.

Thanks ahead of time for those who are able to help in any way.

:)

chornitsar, Feb 7, 2019
  2. UKMedia Win User

W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

I still think this must be a setting and so re-installing Win10 won't fix. Before you reinstall, I suggest that you create a new Workgroup and see if that works. (Choose Work in the Wizard, not home)

Good luck... Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users :)

Regards

UKMedia, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Share on private wifi network

Connecting PC’s & Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10

The Complete Guide for Home Networks and Sharing

Learn it, Master it and Enjoy it. Fast, Secure and Easy

"Revised
    6-23-2018 Final"

7 Easy to Understand Detailed Steps

1. Initial Network Settings.

2. HomeGroup Use.

3. "Part 1" Accessing Network PC's and Their Shared Items.

4. "Part 2" Taking Ownership of Any Drive, Folder, File & Users/Permissions.

5. "Part 3" Sharing Any Drive, Folder or File.

6. "Part 4" Private Sharing of Any Drive, Folder or File.

7. Tips for Printer/Scanner Troubleshooting.

Windows 10 v1803: Connection Issues on the Network

*** There is a Fix for That Here ***

*** And How to Set Up Private Sharing ***

This is my Thread from an old User Account Here and more on the bottom.

With photos showing on a real Network to help you better understand.

Link:

Connecting PC’s & Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 "Revised 6-23-2018 Final"

Seahawks_1965, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users

I can't share printer in my office network on Windows 10 Enterprise (1803)?

I can't share printer in my office network. On printer properties shared option is enabled and network connection is private so printer sharing on this network is turned on but I can't find any printer in my list on other clients to add!

Sepehr Mohammady, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users

1. Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users - Similar Threads - Shared Printer Private

2. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  3. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  4. File sharing over private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over private network: How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?...
  5. Creating a Private Network Shared Folder

Creating a Private Network Shared Folder: I am wondering how to create a private network folder. My organisation has some open to everyone on the network, but i am wanting to create a folder on the network where only certain people can see it. I am hoping to get this done ASAP preferably today. Thanks Pilot640 -...
  6. problem sharing folder in private network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem sharing folder in private network: hello, I try to share a folder in a private network. First strange thing is that in the Sharing dialog (that contains 3 sections: Network File and Folder Sharing, Advanced Sharing, Password protection) in the first section the 'Share' button is geyed and unaccessable....
  7. Sharing Folders with a specific User on Private Network

Sharing Folders with a specific User on Private Network: I need help in adding a specific user to the sharing of folders. The user is on my WIFI network on another Win 10 Home PC. My wife's PC is \\XPS8500\Bonnie but when I try adding it, it is not accepted. Can you help me figure out how to add her as a sharing partner on my...
  8. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...
  9. Sharing folders on a private network

Sharing folders on a private network: I've been trying to set up my family's private network so the individual computers can access shared folders on the other systems, however one system is not cooperating. In network sharing advanced, I've set the computer to recognize it's on a private network, turned on...
  10. Multiple Active Private Networks

Multiple Active Private Networks: First of all I have been having trouble with printing. Usually I have to uninstall my printer and re-install it to print over the network. Today even that didn't work. I discovered my HOME NETWORK was NOW public network AGAIN.... Thanks Windows 10. Anyways, fixed it again...