Windows 10: Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

Discus and support Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChrisDarrell, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win 10 PC can see Win 11 PC, but cannot access C: drive. Shared a folder from Win 10 pc and the Win 11 pc can see it and open it and access files.Turned off password protected sharing for the printer, still no luck.

:)

ChrisDarrell, Apr 9, 2024
  2. Ungaby Win User

Problem to access a win 10 pc from a win 11 pc on my network

Hello,

Thank's for answer. As mentionned in my post, I can see win 10 pc on the network from my win 11 pc. The problem comes when I click on win 10 pc, I get the error message : windows cannot access //pc-xxxx. (see the picture I have included)

All the parameters you suggest to me are set correctly.

From win 10 pc I see the win 11 pc and can access his share files.

Thank's

Ungaby, Apr 9, 2024
  3. MenyEi Win User
    Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Apr 9, 2024
  4. Motamob Win User

Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

Trouble adding shared printer on Win 7 PC to Win 10 PC

We have a shared USB printer on a Win 7 PC. For some reason, despite being in the same Homegroup and having the printer properly shared, the Win 10 PCs won't discover it or, when we browse and select it, it won't add it. We have several other Win 7 PCs
    that can see, add, and print successfully to the printer, but not the Win 10 PCs.

I'm at my wit's end with this. I can connect to the Win 7 PC and even see the shared printer. But when I try to add it, it will say "Windows checking update. This may take a while..." then after a long time it will say it can't do anything.

Motamob, Apr 9, 2024
Thema:

Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

1. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC - Similar Threads - Shared printer access

2. Access Win 10 user account on new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Win 10 user account on new Win 11 PC: I have built a new PC and have a clean install of Win 11 Pro. I was unable to upgrade from my old Win 10 Pro machine as it had an unsupported CPU.I have a O&O disk image of the old Win 10 system drive and I need to copy my documents from my Win 10...
  3. Access Win 10 user account on new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Win 10 user account on new Win 11 PC: I have built a new PC and have a clean install of Win 11 Pro. I was unable to upgrade from my old Win 10 Pro machine as it had an unsupported CPU.I have a O&O disk image of the old Win 10 system drive and I need to copy my documents from my Win 10...
  4. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  5. Problem to access a win 10 pc from a win 11 pc on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem to access a win 10 pc from a win 11 pc on my network: I have join a picture of the error message in french. I have tried many solutions whitout success. I dont understand what is the exact meaning of this message and what is the rights the win 11 pc should have to access the win 10 pc. Both pcs are private with the discovery ,...
  6. Problem to access a win 10 pc from a win 11 pc on my network

Problem to access a win 10 pc from a win 11 pc on my network: I have join a picture of the error message in french. I have tried many solutions whitout success. I dont understand what is the exact meaning of this message and what is the rights the win 11 pc should have to access the win 10 pc. Both pcs are private with the discovery ,...
  7. Win 10 can no longer share PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 can no longer share PC's: I have had two PC' sharing files and printers on a Workgroup/Homegroup in Win 7 for years. I built two new PC's with Win 10 (currently build 1803) and have been struggling with file sharing for months. Both systems have all sharing set to full permissions and full sharing. PC...
  8. Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.: I want to transfer a certain control panel settings of windows 10 to all of my office's pc. Is there any way to transfer this settings through flash drive?...
  9. Win 10 upgrade from Retail Win 7 New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 upgrade from Retail Win 7 New PC: Hi I currently have Win 10 from the free upgrade from a retail version of Win 7. I have a new (used) PC that already has Win 7 installed by the previous owner. I'd like to install Win 10 on this machine. Do I have to install my retail Win 7 as a clean install (as...
  10. Cannot access Win 10 shared drive from Win 7 PC - SOLVED.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Win 10 shared drive from Win 7 PC - SOLVED.: I have been fighting with this problem for about a week, but finally fixed it and for what it is worth would like to share (no pun intended) with other members. I have one Win 10 Laptop, one Win 7 Laptop and a Win 7 Desktop. My main machine is the Win 10 laptop which has...