Windows 10: Shared Printer queue from Windows 2016 is showing Offline on Client Machine Windows 10...

Discus and support Shared Printer queue from Windows 2016 is showing Offline on Client Machine Windows 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, We have several Printer Queue shared on Windows 2016 Server Print Server. The Printer interminently goes offline on client machine which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SriKrishnaKumarNarekkat, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Shared Printer queue from Windows 2016 is showing Offline on Client Machine Windows 10...

Hello,

We have several Printer Queue shared on Windows 2016 Server Print Server. The Printer interminently goes offline on client machine which is Windows 10 for quite a few users. We need to either delete device and map the shared printer again or restart the Client PC to resolve the issue.

Need your support to resolve same.

:)

SriKrishnaKumarNarekkat, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Shared Printer queue from Windows 2016 is showing Offline on Client Machine Windows 10...

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Option 1:

When I go to Settings/Printers and Scanners, the printers are listed - there is no comment like "offline".

I then selected the "Devices and Printers" option at the bottom of the Windows 10 Printers and Scanners screen.

Here the two printers are shown with icons and they are not grayed out. The "See whats printing" screen is empty for both printers.

Option 2:

Under the "Sharing tab" in the printer properties screen - the Share this printer check box is not checked. Render print jobs on client computers check box is checked and grayed out.

New Information:

I disabled the Vipre anti-spy-ware and requested from the printer properties tab a test page to be sent to both printers . Each printed successfully.

I then restarted the Vipre and tried the same thing. Once again they printed fine. So the drivers can talk to the printer via the network.

My third step was to go back to the browser (Chrome) and request the print of the WEB page. Both printers appear to be offline but can be selected as offline. The printer driver screen goes through the printing motions when the print button is clicked,
    but there is nothing in the queue or the printers.

BCurtis_28562, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Shared Printer queue from Windows 2016 is showing Offline on Client Machine Windows 10...

1. Shared Printer queue from Windows 2016 is showing Offline on Client Machine Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Shared Printer queue

2. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  3. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer shows offline: My HP M29 printer shows status as "offline" or "not connected". It is the default printer on my laptop and is connected wirelessly to the network. When I try to print, I can see that there is a document in the queue, but it will not print automatically. If I run the...
  4. printer shows offline

printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  5. printer shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer shows offline: I cannot get my PC to communicate with my printer, printer shows its offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-shows-offline/4150f42d-8fe3-41c4-96b8-35effa68415e
  6. Printer Queue will not clear - Windows 10

Printer Queue will not clear - Windows 10: I am using an HP Wireless printer and the printer queue will get stuck from time to time. It won't clear. This is causing a loss of productivity and business. I have to stop the services, delete the printer queue, delete items from the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS...

shared printer is offline: printer says offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-printer-is-offline/8aff68c3-e3a5-4d6b-9689-889314b33142
  8. Printer Showing Offline Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer Showing Offline Windows 10: HI All, Can anyone please tell me How to Fix Printer Showing Offline in Windows 10?? Any help will be highly appreciated Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-showing-offline-windows-10/c75564c9-5b93-494d-9cdd-b0f836ba8725
  9. Win10 - how to queue a job to an offline printer?

Win10 - how to queue a job to an offline printer?: When I am away from my wifi printer, how can I print to the "offline" printer? How can I queue jobs to the printer and have them print when I re-connect to my printer? (This print queue function used to exist in previous versions of Windows.) I have upgraded my PC to WIn10...
  10. printer shows "offline"

printer shows "offline": when we want to print, we hit PRINT but a note comes up as "Printer OFFLINE". We then hit TROUBLESHOOTER and it will print whatever we had set up to print. However, the next time we want to print we have to go through the TROUBLESHOOTER to print anything. This happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shared printer is shown as offline server 2016

2. share samsung printer appears offline on second machine