Windows 10: Shared Printers

Discus and support Shared Printers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I am facing a little bit of a problem. Since we changed ERP system we are in need of putting a printer connected to the server through sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alexandre AraujoARG, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Shared Printers

Hi!

I am facing a little bit of a problem.

Since we changed ERP system we are in need of putting a printer connected to the server through sharing of a computer. Our problem is, the name of the printer can't have "\" per example, the printer right now is called "\\computer\citizen" and we need to make it just "citizen"

Is this possible?

Best Regards,

Alexandre

:)

Alexandre AraujoARG, Apr 29, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Printer Sharing

Hi Bransby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Computer you are sharing from

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Find your printer

3. Right click on the printer

4. Select “Printer properties"

5. Click on the sharing tab

6. Check "sharing this printer"

7. Give the printer a Name

8. Click apply

Computer you are trying to share to:

1. Type "Device and Printers" in the web and windows box

2. Check for printer the devices and printers.

3. if it is not there click "add printer"

4. If the printer does not show up click “The printer that i wanted wasn't list"

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 29, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Shared Printers

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

Thema:

Shared Printers

1. Shared Printers - Similar Threads - Shared Printers

2. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  3. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  4. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  5. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  6. cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Date: 3/1/2024 12:15:08 PM Event ID: 215 Task Category: Installing a printer driver Level: Error Keywords: Printer Setup,Printer User: ZERO-POINT\petey Computer: ZERO-POINT Description:...
  7. cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help

cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Date: 3/1/2024 12:15:08 PM Event ID: 215 Task Category: Installing a printer driver Level: Error Keywords: Printer Setup,Printer User: ZERO-POINT\petey Computer: ZERO-POINT Description:...
  8. cannot share my printer: this is all the further i can go PLEASE Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2

Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2: We tried to connect to a shared printer installed in Win10 22H2 and we get Error 0x00000709. The connecting computer is also Win10 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x00000709-when-connecting-to-the-shared/24e5e217-a33b-4460-b42a-be78d32e6dc7
  10. Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error 0x00000709 when connecting to the shared printer installed in Windows 10 22H2: We tried to connect to a shared printer installed in Win10 22H2 and we get Error 0x00000709. The connecting computer is also Win10 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x00000709-when-connecting-to-the-shared/24e5e217-a33b-4460-b42a-be78d32e6dc7