Windows 10: Shared storage been 2 devices

Discus and support Shared storage been 2 devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, First of all major disclaimer, my laptop doesn't have a screen. So, I am a game developer and i use my laptop with an external monitor to do most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IJC2311, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Shared storage been 2 devices

Hi,

First of all major disclaimer, my laptop doesn't have a screen.

So, I am a game developer and i use my laptop with an external monitor to do most of my work and all of my files are stored locally on my laptop. If I want to use my brothers laptop to go work somewhere else i need to transfer a complete project to his laptop.

Is there a way to sync up 2 laptops for them to have same documents. Note that we have Sinology NAS that we can both access but its quite slow because of slow harddrives.

Thank you for your help Shared storage been 2 devices :)

submitted by /u/IJC2311
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IJC2311, Apr 9, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Shared storage been 2 devices

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Shared storage been 2 devices

1. Shared storage been 2 devices - Similar Threads - Shared storage been

2. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Devices: I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set...
  3. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Devices: I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set...
  4. formatting a storage device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    formatting a storage device: how can i format a seagate storage device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-storage-device/78c0989b-6d52-4175-bb9f-baedfa56db0f
  5. Storage and sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage and sharing: I'm using windows 10 on my Hp laptop. Me and my sister has different users but the file in both users are same... If I download a picture it is showing on her user also.... Any know how to fix it....
  6. Iomega storage device

Iomega storage device: I have an Iomega storage device that is not showing up or being recognized by my computer. A few days ago I started a backup on this device and it was fine, now I can't even find the device, let alone the backup! What can I do? Where do I look for it? HELP !!!!!!!!...
  7. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Devices: I have an SSD and a HD. My SSD is completely full and has no more space on it. When I try to download something it says my SSD is full and wont just download to the HD. Why is this ? submitted by /u/pjhath [link] [comments]...
  8. Storage Device

Storage Device: hello, My laptop is hp 15 bs-544tu. At place of HDD, I'm feeling heat, after latest update. My optimization and fragmentation frequency is set on daily bases. Help me to get rid of it....
  9. Storage on a HP device

Storage on a HP device: So I have a windows 10 "Home" HP laptop, and I'm having trouble updating it. It's been acting up for a while(screen turning black and going back to normal after being shut off, the mouse spazzes out sometimes at night, ect.) I had gotten a USB/driver not to long ago and...
  10. USB STORAGE DEVICE

USB STORAGE DEVICE: I've saved all my documents and pictures on my old computer onto a USB memory stick so I could transfer to my new computer, but the memory device isn't showing up when I plug into the new computer....